Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    prom is great! i agree with the chocolate fountain, balloons - just a nice atmosphere altogether is best (cool lighting, music, etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Had mine a few weeks ago. It was fab dab. Everyone looked amazing!

One reaallly special thing you could do is hire a chocolate fountain like we did!
    Wow! All that stuff looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

My prom is on 8th July. Looking forward to it, should be coolios. Its out on a fort this year

ReputationRep:
    so not fair we dont get a prom.........although I am at an all boys school :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Wow! All that stuff looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

My prom is on 8th July. Looking forward to it, should be coolios. Its out on a fort this year
    My prom is on the 8th too, what a coincidence!

ReputationRep:
    Our Prom is going to be rubbish, we about 30 people going, (I was going but I am not now), and they themed it on the Oscars, and "would" (if the organisers didn't leave everything to the day we broke up) have sent out nomination forms for Prom King etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey 'Oscars'? Sam theme for mine as well, which skl do you go to ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    Our Prom is going to be rubbish, we about 30 people going, (I was going but I am not now), and they themed it on the Oscars, and "would" (if the organisers didn't leave everything to the day we broke up) have sent out nomination forms for Prom King etc.
    It's lucky that your prom has a theme. We don't have one. We just wear tux and stuff like that, all nice and original though. I think you should still go and have fun. :p:

ReputationRep:
    We didn't have a prom! We didn't even have a party.... :-( I think they just wanted to get rid of us...!

ReputationRep:
    Our prom is on the 1st July (Right after exams). Its gonne be really good from what I've heard (I hope!). We've managed to book this amasing hotel and have over 200 people coming.

Duno what to wear though. What did you guys wear? Its supposed to be quite formal and so I guess I need to buy a suit

I love the chocolate fountain idea, with all the fruits. How much did it cost/where did u get it from?

thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicgate)
    Our prom is on the 1st July (Right after exams). Its gonne be really good from what I've heard (I hope!). We've managed to book this amasing hotel and have over 200 people coming.

Duno what to wear though. What did you guys wear? Its supposed to be quite formal and so I guess I need to buy a suit

I love the chocolate fountain idea, with all the fruits. How much did it cost/where did u get it from?

thx
    Formal=tux?

ReputationRep:

thx
    You don't have to buy a suit, just rent one. I would suggets hiring a tuxedo instead.

ReputationRep:
    yeah tux lol

ReputationRep:
    how much do they cost to rent one out? thx

ReputationRep:
    how much do they cost to rent one out? thx
    from 30-50 quid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    My prom is on the 8th too, what a coincidence!

ours 2!!!

ReputationRep:
    in churchill, we call it a ball...

ReputationRep:
    my prom was **** (2 years ago) peopel were robbed and someone was raped by a memeber of staff at the hotel

hence i organised the leavers do this year, and its gonna be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    If you have lifts in the building up to the dance floor, don't let people use it. The first ball I went to, a few friends got stuck in the lift and it took 2 hours to get people out!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure the music is varied. At our prom we had all sort of townie rap music most of the night. They played some greenday once and my mates were like "yes, finally some good music!" but then this stupid chav decided to complain to the DJ. So we got crap music all night.

Oh yeah - and make sure the balloons are helium!

ReputationRep:
    Ours is 1st of July - shud be fun

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.