Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2: Unit 6 mid-tudor crisis anyone? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, is anyone else taking this exam next week? If so, how far are you with revision etc? Anyone been able to get hold of any past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing Edexcel but my Unit 6 is on the Cold War. Unit 5 (i think?) is the Tudor Century though, which covers the mid-Tudor crisis. Anyway, there's only one past Unit 6 paper on the Edexcel website, which is a bit of an arse, but if you haven't seen it already then have a look. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and there's examiners reports, which are useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louinwonderland)
    Hey, I'm doing Edexcel but my Unit 6 is on the Cold War. Unit 5 (i think?) is the Tudor Century though, which covers the mid-Tudor crisis. Anyway, there's only one past Unit 6 paper on the Edexcel website, which is a bit of an arse, but if you haven't seen it already then have a look. Good Luck!
    That's useful, thanks, I hadn't checked the reports before. Good luck with yours too!
    Anyone else taking it/have any extra info? I'm not on long right now but if I have time later I'll post some revision notes for it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing it - feeling okay about it - at least this one there's source analysis as well so its not solely own knowledge - im worried about unit 4 on friday! Think the best way to revise is go through each 'leader' and make notes on foreign, religion and economic policy as well as style of government and rule than do an overall assessment at the end - bit worried about historiography as don't have many specific quotes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    That's useful, thanks, I hadn't checked the reports before. Good luck with yours too!
    Anyone else taking it/have any extra info? I'm not on long right now but if I have time later I'll post some revision notes for it.
    Yea im doing this exam got a copy of june 2002

A) using the evidence of sources 1, and 3 and your own knowledge, how serious was the threat posed by the rebellions of 1549 to the stability of Edward v'I's governament

B) U sing the evidence of all 5 sources and your own knowledge, how far do you agree that the reigns of edward and Mary should be seen not as years of crisis but as years of achivement?

If you are intrested think i have another round here and ill scan them and send them through if you want

Source 1 Extracts form the norfolk rebels
    Source 2 extract from Edwards Chronicle on events of may + june 1549
    Source 3 Extract from Tudor rebellions
    Source 4 Extract from the later tudors: England 1547-1603
    source 5 Extarct from the mid-tudor crisis 1545-1565

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else found that the part b question is always quite similar just phrased in a different way - all the papers ive done - which is about 4 - i've always used similar information for my own knowledge and just adapted the way i've structured my answer depending on the focus of the question

ReputationRep:
    Argh! I'm doing this paper and I'm not prepared at all, and I'm ill right now and not up to do any revision. Hopefully I can get a B overall. I need about 45 marks and I have Unit 4 on Elizabeth to resit too.

ReputationRep:
    ive doing that paper and have i think 4 or 5 past papers. Must be my school though as they seem to keep all the past papers. I would email them but Ive written all over them!

Revisions not too bad - just trying to get it all together! good luck.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.