Turn on thread page Beta

SD Memory Card Problem!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have a 4GB SD card for my digital camera- I used to be able to store thousands of photos but now, after 200 or so, i'm already out of space!
    I haven't changed my photo quality settings or anything, so I'm sure it is not because these days I'm taking pix that are much bigger.

I think there are some very old photos stored in the card which somehow won't show up when I stick the card into my computer (or camera) which are taking the space up. How do I make them show up again so that I can actually delete them?
    I don't want to format my entire disc because there are some pictures that I want to carry around in my card.

Help much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    i know... but i said I didn't take bigger pics....

ReputationRep:
    size of pictures isnt the problem, my pictures are all the Same size, except before I was able to take over 1000 in the 4GB card, whereas now I can only fit 200 (same camera, same resolution picture). in fact, I'm sure some pix are hidden in the card because when I insert my card into some computers, I can actually SEE them in the "wizard" but in those wizards i don't get the option of deleting them there.. but when I try to open the contents of the card in a proper windows explorer window, I can only see 200 pictures, but not the ones that are hidden and therefore can't delete them...

ReputationRep:
    Can you delete/format your SD card in your camera?
    My G9 gives me the option of a complete format.

ReputationRep:
    i can't manually delete because i can't even access those hidden photos..... but i don't want to format because I want to carry SOME photos that i have on there around...

ReputationRep:
    i've tried both .... but still can't access a place where I can delete my very very old photos on the card... perhaps i should just format

ReputationRep:
    yea but still didnt work...

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you transfer the photos you want to keep to your computer, format the card, then transfer them back on to the card?

ReputationRep:
    yeah maybe you have changed your pixel settings; if the max is 12mp then the memory will fill quicker, if it is 5mp, then you will be able to store more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    Why don't you transfer the photos you want to keep to your computer, format the card, then transfer them back on to the card?
    I think I've done that before but when I transfer photos back in the card, they don't show on my digital camera???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nakki)
    I think I've done that before but when I transfer photos back in the card, they don't show on my digital camera???
    They should do, all the camera does is display images on the memory card, it shouldn't matter if they were put on the card by the camera or by the computer, unless you convert them to a different sort of file type when you transfer them to your computer. Try again and just copy paste and back again.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.