Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm looking for a university with a pretty high acceptance rate (I'll probably have to do the international foundation programme at first). My average grade right now is 6, hoping to get 7. Let me explain the grading system here. Basically, 10 is the highest achievable grade, while 1 is awarded for extremely poor performance. And FYI, it's impossible to get a ten. That's just how teachers roll here.

Anyway.. Any advice is appreciated.

PS. I plan on studying marketing (advertising).

~Daniel

ReputationRep:
    This has a collumn marked as "entry standard" which basically means the higher the number, the harder it is to get into... But I think for acceptance rates you have to contact the individual universities' admissions tutors

ReputationRep:
    Do you do IGCSE's or SATs in your country?
    I guess you could apply to any university if you are qualified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DLindberg)
    Hey,

I'm looking for a university with a pretty high acceptance rate (I'll probably have to do the international foundation programme at first). My average grade right now is 6, hoping to get 7. Let me explain the grading system here. Basically, 10 is the highest achievable grade, while 1 is awarded for extremely poor performance. And FYI, it's impossible to get a ten. That's just how teachers roll here.

Anyway.. Any advice is appreciated.

PS. I plan on studying marketing (advertising).

~Daniel
    We got the same grade system in my home country so I know what you are talking about. I take it you want to study in the UK so I would highly advice you to consider the Univeristy of Hertfordshire because it is a good university! They are very international orientated so they would be more then willing to accept you as an european student for foundation year. The university has a lot of international students so you wouldn't feel alone. Also I find the support on this university absolutely great! if you have any problems with coursework writing essay etc just visit one of the teachers and they'll advice you and help you out. Have a look at the website and decide for yourself! :yes: :woo:
    main page for international students: http://www.herts.ac.uk/international-students/home.cfm
    International Foundation Programme: http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/Inter...-Programme.cfm

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.