Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Physics A : Turning Points in Physics watch

ReputationRep:
    how was that paper? The last question was so gay, i think i only got 2/7 for it

ReputationRep:
    i thought the turning points paper was ok actually, is it the last question where you had to derive that formula and find the specific charge?

im not sure whether i explained everything correctly, there was a lot more explaining to do than i thought i would have to,

i didnt enjoy the first question though, i drew a straight line graph, but afterwards my teacher said it should have been curved.

what did you think about the multiple choice and the waves module?i really struggled on the last question about nuclear stuff, i didnt get an answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemm)
    i thought the turning points paper was ok actually, is it the last question where you had to derive that formula and find the specific charge?

im not sure whether i explained everything correctly, there was a lot more explaining to do than i thought i would have to,

i didnt enjoy the first question though, i drew a straight line graph, but afterwards my teacher said it should have been curved.

what did you think about the multiple choice and the waves module?i really struggled on the last question about nuclear stuff, i didnt get an answer!
    I just did the turning point. Did you get the proton rich nuclide decaying? that was nice. HOW ABOUT THE DEFLECTION OF THE ELECTRON? for 4 marks, i didnt know what to write. I just wrote that electric field exerts a force on the electron, that its attracted to the positive enough as its negative, and the electrostatic forces do so. i didnt know wha tthey wanted. what did you write?

ReputationRep:
    i wrote how the componant of velocity perpendicular to the plates is increases because of the electric field, and the horizontal velocity is constant therefore it has a parabolic path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemm)
    i wrote how the componant of velocity perpendicular to the plates is increases because of the electric field, and the horizontal velocity is constant therefore it has a parabolic path.
    Damnit it. I know ive lost 6 marks on the last question, 2 on the electron question, 2 on the graph, 2, elsewhere. Thats 28/40 someone said 75% is an A, but i need like a strong A. That just means i gotta work dman hard for the synoptic

ReputationRep:
    im not looking forward to the synoptic, its evryting in one long paper!
    but AS is still in my head because i resat particles and mechanics in january, so i can still remember most of it.
    its just relating it to all this years stuff aswell that is sometimes confusing

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.