Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My first week is almost up at university, spent £36.15 (assuming I don't spend anymore in the next 12 hours or so). Is this quite a lot, or not a lot? General feedback? :cool:

I've spent my money on food and drinks. I'm bound to spend more when I buy textbooks and other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Not that much if it included food/transport costs...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

I can only imagine you don't drink. Also, you're catered, aren't you? (I've got the feeling Oxbridge is catered, but can't quite remember.)

So I'd say that's not a lot. Or at least, not a lot compared to how much I spent. Though Southampton seems to have London prices for everything. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Quite good to be honest I think. I spent 30 quid on food shopping alone today

ReputationRep:
    I spent £150 last week. And that wasn't even freshers'. £30 is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I've spent around £300 in three weeks, so yeah very good.

ReputationRep:
    WOW! I spent £130 in freshers week, I'm a second year and I went out all 7 nights.

The Jews don't just live in Israel then ...

ReputationRep:
    That's not much. I wish I could spend as little as that!

ReputationRep:
    I spent about £800 in 3 weeks, but that was for a laptop, books, bus pass, and new clothes. :mmm: Now all the expense is gone, I'll be saving twice that by staying at home.

I started this week with £30, and spent half of it. Sunday I get another £30. Again, will likely only need to spend half of it. 50% profit margin :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)

I can only imagine you don't drink. Also, you're catered, aren't you? (I've got the feeling Oxbridge is catered, but can't quite remember.)

So I'd say that's not a lot. Or at least, not a lot compared to how much I spent. Though Southampton seems to have London prices for everything.
    well, I haven't really bought much food, and what I have bought is just biscuits and crisps which I just eat at random intervals. I've got other people to buy me drinks but when I did buy them, they were ******* expensive :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Arrived on Friday and I've spent £20 on food, £10 on events and £25 on drink. Probably another £10 on other things I haven't counted - eg stationary, and TSR :ninja:

Hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks this will be down to £35 at the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    well, I haven't really bought much food, and what I have bought is just biscuits and crisps which I just eat at random intervals. I've got other people to buy me drinks but when I did buy them, they were ******* expensive :eek:
    Tell me about it. I bought a round. Me and two friends. That was three double vodkas with Relentless. The order came to £16.50. That was in the ******* SU as well!

ReputationRep:
    Ive been at uni 3 weeks and ive spent WAHHHHAY more than that! (in my first week and in total) like seriously....I need my loan!!!

ReputationRep:
    I spend more than that on books a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I spent about £800 in 3 weeks, but that was for a laptop, books, bus pass, and new clothes. :mmm: Now all the expense is gone, I'll be saving twice that by staying at home.

I started this week with £30, and spent half of it. Sunday I get another £30. Again, will likely only need to spend half of it. 50% profit margin :woo:
    If you don't need all your student loan, whack the rest in an ISA. Give it three years and it will get a bit bigger.

ReputationRep:
    It's good. I spent about £100 in freshers week, but I anticipated that and did a bit of overtime at work in advance xD Normally I spend about £40-50 a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    If you don't need all your student loan, whack the rest in an ISA. Give it three years and it will get a bit bigger.
    I don't get a student loan, I get parental pay With a raise and bonuses for good performance :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I spent about £100, and that was before any alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    My first week is almost up at university, spent £36.15 (assuming I don't spend anymore in the next 12 hours or so). Is this quite a lot, or not a lot? General feedback? :cool:

I've spent my money on food and drinks. I'm bound to spend more when I buy textbooks and other stuff.

lol do you really eat.........at all?

ReputationRep:

That is frickin awesome. Keep it up!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.