Turn on thread page Beta

Applying to Christ's Hospital Sixth Form watch

ReputationRep:
    I have sent in my application and I am attending the open day tomorrow. Just wondering, does anyone know the admissions process.

And, with grade predictions of 9 A*s, 1 A and 1 B, do I even stand a chance of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    Do they not have a website with some information on.

Oh and your GCSEs are pretty shameful tbh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiz)
    Do they not have a website with some information on.

Oh and your GCSEs are pretty shameful tbh :rolleyes:
    Shameful ... okay then, just out of curiosity what are your GCSE results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilah_rose)
    Shameful ... okay then, just out of curiosity what are your GCSE results?
    It was sarcasm (it doesn't come off well on the internet, sorry) you're GCSEs are bloody amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiz)
    It was sarcasm (it doesn't come off well on the internet, sorry) you're GCSEs are bloody amazing.
    Oh, okay. My bad

ReputationRep:
    I bet these people would be able to answer your questions: Unofficial Christ's Hospital Forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Kenosha Kid)
    I bet these people would be able to answer your questions: Unofficial Christ's Hospital Forum

Ooh, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I applied and got into CH a year ago.
    I had 11A*s and 1A in my GCSEs, but my predictions were far lower but they still accepted.
    When I came I thought there would be very strong academic competition, but a lot of the people that came had Bs and As.
    Your grades will definately give you an advantage, but I think they take into consideration your other attributes e.g. sports, music. They take into importance what you can offer to the school as well as your academic profile.
    Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyl_11)
    Hi,
    I applied and got into CH a year ago.
    I had 11A*s and 1A in my GCSEs, but my predictions were far lower but they still accepted.
    When I came I thought there would be very strong academic competition, but a lot of the people that came had Bs and As.
    Your grades will definitely give you an advantage, but I think they take into consideration your other attributes e.g. sports, music. They take into importance what you can offer to the school as well as your academic profile.
    Goodluck!
    Thanks, but I unfortunately received my letter today telling me that I didn't get a interview. The worst part was that they implied it was for financial reasons, not academic.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but I unfortunately received my letter today telling me that I didn't get a interview. The worst part was that they implied it was for financial reasons, not academic.
    I'm sorry to hear that, the school is being a bit selective with it's students and how much they can pay.

Goodluck for your future studies though.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt worry, they have a strange uniform anyway (the boys have to wear skirts - apparently) xx

ReputationRep:
    What should I wear for an interview or for the exams? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odie97)
    What should I wear for an interview or for the exams? x
    Did you get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studdybuddy101)
    Did you get in?
    I did, yes. Did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odie97)
    I did, yes. Did you apply?
    Yes, unfortunately I didn't get in , how did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im applying for entry in 2015, just wondering what the entrance tests for sixth form entail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temi Adeyemi)
    Hi, im applying for entry in 2015, just wondering what the entrance tests for sixth form entail
    Heey soo for the sake of all of those applying I know how hard it was to find anything about the tests or interview on the internet or anywhere so I'll try and tell you as much as I can remeber.

Soo where do I start... We'll as I said I didn't get in and I knew I wouldn't really, I most just really wanted to see what it was like as my mum mentioned it to me in year 6 and I remember thinking how beautiful it was and since you can get bursaries and that I thought why not try for sixthform.

Anyways, me and my twin sister both applied (like in that book double act hehe) and I remember that when we first got there it was beautiful as it had snowed everywhere. We firstly had tests, I had no Idea what the tests would be at all... Nothing so I couldn't do any prep. It was basically like.... Errm how do I explain... Like sats tests... So like when you have a certain about of time to anwser random puzzle questions. I really can't remember too well but I think there was about three and they were about 20 mins each and you basically had to get through as many questions as possible. Basically for someone like me who thrives is English but fails in math it was terrible, however that's not really an excuse... If your good puzzle solving or did the 11+ prep you'll be good at it. Yeah not too much I can remeber about those but basically think along the lines of american sats puzzle solving questions.

Next you have an interview, the woman who interviewed me was lovely. Looking back now, I realised how unprepared and unready I was for the interview. Mentally and physically. It was the first interview I had ever had, the woman said I did really well but I sure that's what they all say haha. She asked some questions that I thought was a bit weird like... When was your most happiest and saddest moment throughout your life... Like really. I had no idea what to say I'm only 16... I've spent my whole sitting exams. There was also questions like why do you want to come here blah and so on. I think they were looking for quite confident young people, and people that KNEW where they want to go and do in life.

So me and my sister didn't get in surprise surprise, but a girl who we met and turned out we knew her sister did! She came from a private school (we didn't) and was very clever well rounded girl. She brought to the interview all her school certificates and also applied for a French scholarship. Not sure if she got the scholarships or bursary but I know she got in. However, she declined perhaps because she didn't get the scholarships not sure actually. Anyways that was it really, it was a lovely day and a beautiful school. Although I love the school I'm at now I still wonder how similar it would be to Harry porter to go there hehe.

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions if you think I didn't explain anything in detail enough.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview tomorrow to aha

ReputationRep:
    hope it goes well,had a chance to go here in year 6 couldnt do it though,,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Kenosha Kid)
    Thanks so much for that link ! Really helpful to me

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.