Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am now in my third year of my degree and some of my lecturers have been talking about graduation, and I just really don't feel proud of my degree or what I've done.
    I completed a foundation degree FdSc in Equine Managent, and no local uni's offered an animal related BSc top-up for me to progress to. Therefore I have gone on to study A course at my local uni called Professional Studies BA So by the end of it I will have a BA (Hons) Professional Studies (Equine Management) And I'm just feeling a bit down about it, I've always loved science and I feel a bit like i've let myself down and my parents for not doing a so called 'proper' degree such as biology, and sometimes I wish I had. I plan to go into teaching which is what I would like to do and my degree is accepted for the PGCE. I dont really know why i'm posting this but I just feel disappointed, and had always dreamed that graduation would be a really proud day for me and my partner and family seeing me graduate. What do people on here think to having a degree in what I have? Thanks in advance for any comments.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww :console:

You shouldn't feel like that, cos you still got a degree and that is something to be proud of. I'm sure your parents are proud too

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply, I know any degree is hard work and it gets me to where I want to go, and once I start my PGCE my degree to a certain extent won't matter. I guess I'm just looking for approval that my degree isn't worthless and I haven't worked for the last two years for nothing. x

ReputationRep:
    Look back to the reason you chose that degree in the first place and I'm sure it was for a good reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanda_1788)
    Thank you for your reply, I know any degree is hard work and it gets me to where I want to go, and once I start my PGCE my degree to a certain extent won't matter. I guess I'm just looking for approval that my degree isn't worthless and I haven't worked for the last two years for nothing. x
    No problem Just think positive. I know its easier said then done, but remember that you are going do a PGCE and then move forwards from there. So you are moving in the right direction. Go you!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.