Turn on thread page Beta

Bedroom wall ideas & help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am doing up my bedroom, my main idea is to do all the walls in white. Then one of the white walls will be painted or have pasted on a black image. I have no idea what the image is to be yet.

That is just one design, any other or images would be nice.

Also, does anyone know if there are huge stencils that can be put against the wall and then painted to leave a nice design, or of any wallpaper which when put up in sections creates a design. I hope that makes sense

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    band posters!

ReputationRep:
    just get loads of posters then you can change them if you get bored and they aren't permanent

ReputationRep:
    success, pass in exams

ReputationRep:
    Maybe self design something?

ReputationRep:
    my room's going to be white, with one wall raspberry pink (russian velvet 3 to be precise), and i endeavour to eventually get a large-ish canvas print of my photos on there. that probably wont appeal...

anyways... its a bit difficult to know what you're getting at with this. what do you want us to suggest...

as far as stencils go, anything you want you can make yourself quite easily with paper/card and a craft knife... mind you, be careful with stencils because they arent as easy to get rid of as a picture, and its easy to change your mind on them. i dunno, im biased, i've had stencils on my wall of flowers & butterflies from when i was little so i've grown out of them... but still. its easy to just go off them... they look dated pretty quick.

ReputationRep:
    What you need is an overhead projector, and an outline - blow it up onto the wall and fill in with paint! Helps to have an idea of what you want on your wall tho.

ReputationRep:
    put a picture of lady gaga on there.

ReputationRep:
    put a poster of Josef Fritzl on your bedroom door.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    What you need is an overhead projector, and an outline - blow it up onto the wall and fill in with paint! Helps to have an idea of what you want on your wall tho.
    I've always wanted to do this. I think you can fashion an OHP using mirrors (periscope style) or using Camera obscura. Never tried that myself though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    I've always wanted to do this. I think you can fashion an OHP using mirrors (periscope style) or using Camera obscura. Never tried that myself though.
    Or borrow a data projector? Lots of people have them nowadays so it shouldn't be hard to find one to borrow.

ReputationRep:
    Stuff similar to this:
    http://www.stamfordmurals.com/

The overhead projector sounds like a good idea, I will have to look into it.
    Now just need to think of a design...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.