The Student Room Group

Few questions about GCSE Statistics :-/

I'm taking the statistics exam tomorrow but we haven't been taught any of it :confused: We've all been put in for foundation tier but there's still parts I don't understand. Anyone know what weighted base is? How about them tables, they're surveys...how do you find the total amount of people surveyed, what do you add?? Also, there's one question where you have to plot moving averages onto a graph..but there's things already plotted there :confused: :confused: And what's "price index", is that the same as an index number? Which is like something to the power of something?

If you can help I'd really appreciate it! :top:
Reply 1
for foundation learn the different types of data and different types of sampling
Reply 2
Okay ta. *gets out textbook*
Reply 3
StripeyGirl
I'm taking the statistics exam tomorrow but we haven't been taught any of it :confused: We've all been put in for foundation tier but there's still parts I don't understand. Anyone know what weighted base is? How about them tables, they're surveys...how do you find the total amount of people surveyed, what do you add?? Also, there's one question where you have to plot moving averages onto a graph..but there's things already plotted there :confused: :confused: And what's "price index", is that the same as an index number? Which is like something to the power of something?

For the tables, I assume you mean frequency tables, I'm not sure though, just add the frequencies together. It's the same for all the rest though, just find the sum of the column that has a heading similar to "number of..."
StripeyGirl

no way will u need to learn half that stuff for foundation - price index is considereed to b A material and ur tested to a C

Latest