Turn on thread page Beta

Because you like them, but don't want them to think you're obsessed with them, so start questioning how friendly you're being with them compared to other people, but then through thinking about this too much you stop just being naturally friendly like you actually are to everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Completely.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly.

I often blank people I like. And talk completely naturally to guys I just wanna be friends with (which has sometimes led to misunderstandings).

It's very annoying. I can't not do it

ReputationRep:
    course, it's called being cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats so true.. they then think you have something against them and don't like them so they start ignoring you too, and you just then end up not talking at all ...

ReputationRep:
    All the time!

(Original post by AbsintheFairy)
    Exactly.

I often blank people I like. And talk completely naturally to guys I just wanna be friends with (which has sometimes led to misunderstandings).
    ahaha YES! Completley the same. And because of this the guy you like ends up thinking you actually hate him or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ahaha YES! Completley the same. And because of this the guy you like ends up thinking you actually hate him or something.
    and the guys you don't like/just wanna be friends with end up thinking you like them.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, everyday almost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbsintheFairy)
    Exactly.

Ditto here!

(Original post by lagoom)
    yeah thats so true.. they then think you have something against them and don't like them so they start ignoring you too, and you just then end up not talking at all ...
    mmhmm I hope this doesn't end up happening this time.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps we should direct you here OP.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1059923

(Original post by avalanche)
    and the guys you don't like/just wanna be friends with end up thinking you like them.
    yes, poor guys. Do they do this too I wonder...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's why I've ignored your mum all this time :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Yeah, it's why I've ignored your mum all this time :awesome:
    Naughty boy, I have ignored yours too. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I never ignore anyone I like, I'll give them more attention, the idea of pushing them away or ignoring them seems utterly nonsensical and wouldn't occur to me at all. That said, I can somewhat understand why some people may do it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I have dont this

Trying to get out of the stupid habit now though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.