Turn on thread page Beta

nescafee,does it make you fat watch

ReputationRep:
    really is it like the ordinary coffe,or does it contain calories and stuff,like 1 small spoon with skimmed milk will it make you gain weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    really is it like the ordinary coffe,or does it contain calories and stuff,like 1 small spoon with skimmed milk will it make you gain weight
    No

EDIT: As in, it will not make you gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    no, dont worry about it. I'm sure you have worse things in your diet to be concerned with (we all do),,,

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it can make u gain weight with one cup of coffee! If you're that worried, drink another brand!!

ReputationRep:
    i drink it cos it makes me not sleepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveManUK)
    i drink it cos it makes me not sleepy
    as good a reason as any

ReputationRep:
    ok the milk was boiling so I decided to put a half teaspoon not the very small teaspoon ,can anybody find exactly how many calories does it give

ReputationRep:
    Google it? Calorie King? Look on the packet?

Why are you worried about the calories in coffee anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SammyD)
    Google it? Calorie King? Look on the packet?

Why are you worried about the calories in coffee anyway?
    because i don't wanna gain weight..what a question :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    because i don't wanna gain weight..what a question :eek: :eek:
    I doubt that it would make a difference :rolleyes:

excercise to maintain your weight, don't diet

ReputationRep:
    do you have an eating disorder I'm slightly concerned that someone would be that worried about the calories in coffee

ReputationRep:
    ok the milk was boiling so I decided to put a half teaspoon not the very small teaspoon ,can anybody find exactly how many calories does it give
    I hope you're using non-fat milk...

ReputationRep:
    You know what makes you fat? Yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine being so worried about the calories in anything. If you spend your life wanting to know how many calories in half a teaspoon of coffee, you will drive yourself mad. Just eat sensibly. Everything in moderation, including exercise. Maybe you have a problem if you are this concerned about gaining weight from a coffee.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Habosh,
    Anything in moderation will not make you fat.
    Unless you like plain lard.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think coffee has no calories (or practically none anyway) except for the calories in the milk!

ReputationRep:
    The milk would have more cals than the coffee. Instant?

ReputationRep:
    I know that I use skimmed milk and it's fine cause i'm obligated(sp?) to drink a cup daily but I just wanted a change cause i've been drinking milk with ordanry coffe because I feel that nescafee can be fatty...and no I don't have an eating disorder

ReputationRep:
    It's not the calories you want to be worrying about.

It's the caffiene!

Strange and yet true, in older women exessive caffiene consumption causes what are known as saddlebags or having a fat arse. However, you being young shouldn't have to worry about that yet. I'm just glad I'm a bloke, doesn't happen to us.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think coffee will make you gain weight, there are plenty of people who drink a lot of coffee and don't put on weight. I think coffee is not something you should worry about too much, there are other much more harmful habbits than drinking coffee, so just enjoy you cup of coffee. :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.