Turn on thread page Beta

7 weeks till xmas watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am going to get flamed, trolled and yelled at this. Maybe the mods might even warn me. Maybe, the whole of TSR will come after me with pitchforks at midnight for even mentioning the c word. Perhaps even medically sectioned.

I was doing my usual tesco shop, and I noticed they have already got their christmassy cookies, selection boxes, cake mix and puddings out. Went to another shop, and of course there are christmas trees and stockings out. And for some reason, realising its around 12 weeks until christmas, I started getting a little excited!

Just wanted to throw in that it is 76 days until Christmas.

Anyone planned what they are getting family/friends yet? Ideas on what pressies to get on a student budget? What is on your 'list', what traditions do you enjoy?

Go on, kill me!

The countdown begins..dun..dun.duuuuun...:eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I plan on going home for Christmas.

Otherwise I have no where to live as my rent for the term ends in mid December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    Right.....

I see. In fact I don't see.

ReputationRep:

I plan on going home for Christmas.

Otherwise I have no where to live as my rent for the term ends in mid December.
    Same here. Definatley going home, although on the last day we are probably going to work together and have a christmas dinner! And definatly put decs up!

ReputationRep:
    :woo: :teeth: :xmas: :santa2:

ReputationRep:
    Christmas already? Come on. It's only the beginning of October... I love Christmas as much as the next person but it's gone all about making money. And I noticed Christmas stuff was out in September!

ReputationRep:
    I nearly forgot: it's nearly time for :santa2: to appear every time I :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: swear. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Christmas already? Come on. It's only the beginning of October... I love Christmas as much as the next person but it's gone all about making money. And I noticed Christmas stuff was out in September!
    Don't be a Grinch. Yes, I know its incredibly early. But hey. Enjoy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    I nearly forgot: it's nearly time for :santa2: to appear every time I :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: swear. :woo:

copycat. :huff:

:santa2:

ReputationRep:
    Die:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    You ought to be careful. We all know its TSRs special way to keep us off his naughty list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)

Heheheehe...

ReputationRep:
    Get out of Tesco!!

ReputationRep:
    Bah humbug!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going for a meal with friends exchange presents a few days before; my dad's on christmas eve to exchange presents,then home on christmas day

It's only october but I've got my christmas lists on what I'm getting everyone for christmas sorted already;I hate that last minute panic at the end.

Anyway I haven't been hit by christmas fever yet, it won't come till December :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)

I saw Mr. Klaus and it reminded me of the time 4 or 6 and a :s anta: ganging up on me. You didn't specifically state it :flute:

76 days doesn't sound like it's too far away to me It also means 90 days till exams :eek3:

It's wierd that Christmas stuff gets put out so early, I still think that November is early enough to start selling Christmas related stuff in shops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    Don't be a Grinch. Yes, I know its incredibly early. But hey. Enjoy. :p:
    Nah I absolutely love Christmas just why start 3 months before!?!? it's all about making money now which takes away the trueee meaning of Christmas.. which is sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I'll be going for a meal with friends exchange presents a few days before; my dad's on christmas eve to exchange presents,then home on christmas day

It's only october but I've got my christmas lists on what I'm getting everyone for christmas sorted already;I hate that last minute panic at the end.

Anyway I haven't been hit by christmas fever yet, it won't come till December :P
    Thats sensible. Christmas fever? No, this is simply the initial symptoms!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I saw Mr. Klaus and it reminded me of the time 4 or 6 and a :s anta: ganging up on me. You didn't specifically state it :flute:

I see you're unwell. I've had a 'cold' for a few days now too. I've started to think it's Swine flu. The symptoms have be dire..kinda. Urgh.:nn:

*hugs*

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.