Turn on thread page Beta

Can you tell how stupid someone is from their name? watch

ReputationRep:
    some names are stupid. loads of everton fans called their kids "wayne" after rooney, then he went to man u. so yeah, i guess the parents are stupid, but then again, so are a lot of scousers (the blue side of merseyside obv!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBeLLax)
    easy exams tommorrow, thanks though .

I hate it when parents try to make their child's name unique by using a ridiculous spelling. I used to know a Christopfir :rolleyes:
    haha

typical american attitude

"it's all cool mayn - i'll murder the test, word"

Good luck anyway girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    The girl behind the reception desk the other day was called "Chervaun."
    The Irish name is so beautiful, why ruin it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    some names are stupid. loads of everton fans called their kids "wayne" after rooney, then he went to man u. so yeah, i guess the parents are stupid, but then again, so are a lot of scousers (the blue side of merseyside obv!)
    OI! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    People who fail to grasp the concept of simple grammatical rules annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    The girl behind the reception desk the other day was called "Chervaun."
    as in the almost phonetical selling of siobhan? yeah thats classy! mind you a friend of mine was called that at primary sch but her 7 year old brain couldnt comprehend the spelling at first so until she was 11 she was know as shevan

ReputationRep:
    9. Devin E. Davis
    10. Starla Shaver
    11. Theresa Brehm

Seriously, these names sound made up. Or just American

ReputationRep:
    I think people are being slightly stereotypical here, because someone hasa name that is different they must be thick?

(Original post by Helen_w)
    I think people are being slightly stereotypical here, because someone hasa name that is different they must be thick?
    Yes, that's exactly it. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_w)
    Yeah it's sad. I don't agree.

But i agree that I can't help but think people with certain names sound thick. I go to a selective school and I don't know a single person called "Richard", "Hayley" (or Haley) or "Danielle". There's a huge number of Simons and Chrises though.

I don't want to sound prejudiced because I always avoid being prejudiced as much as possible... but it's certainly interesting.

ReputationRep:
    name urself albert einstein junior or something.. that will make u look clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    On TSR, I always thought this. Like, if someone has things that aren't letters in their name, they tend to be morons, and if they even have characters that aren't on the keyboard (copyright symbols, etc), it's a certainty. But what of real people?

Why do I ask? I got one of those chain emails today, which as always ended with a command to put your name if you agree with it ("murder is bad", "drink-driving isn't good", etc). The people who sign these aren't usually the brightest either. Looking at the sorts who did:

And so on for about another 500.

Kym? Erika? Deanne? I have to say that personally, I have never met anyone intelligent with "Traci" as a name. So are these people idiots, or just American?

Not that anyone should ever be judged by names, or anything.
    Surely its a better indication of the stupidity of the parents. I mean look at the names of the Beckham's children :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    James Chandler sounds like an intelligent chap.

ReputationRep:
    But if there parents are stupid, and call their children unique or odd names, then the children wont have the best start to become the most intelligent if they don't have an intellectual upbringing.

ReputationRep:
    Chantelle. The chavviest name ever(no offence to anyone on here who has it), but everyone I've seen with that name is caked with make up, has those horrendous big earrings, and wears either Burberry or Berghaus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    On TSR, I always thought this. Like, if someone has things that aren't letters in their name, they tend to be morons, and if they even have characters that aren't on the keyboard (copyright symbols, etc), it's a certainty. But what of real people?

Why do I ask? I got one of those chain emails today, which as always ended with a command to put your name if you agree with it ("murder is bad", "drink-driving isn't good", etc). The people who sign these aren't usually the brightest either. Looking at the sorts who did:

And so on for about another 500.

Kym? Erika? Deanne? I have to say that personally, I have never met anyone intelligent with "Traci" as a name. So are these people idiots, or just American?
    Not that anyone should ever be judged by names, or anything.
    I have a sister named Tracy...She's not at all an idiot although she is American

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    James Chandler sounds like an intelligent chap.
    Hm, there was something about people who have two first names. Not to mention three... Chad Michael Murray. I didn't point that out, my teacher did :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Cindy. :s: or Rosey.

ReputationRep:
    I know a Cindy but it's short for 'Cynthia', a smart name...........and yet she's still not the brightest bulb in the socket :s:

ReputationRep:
    The names in that list have to be fake. I think they were created in a name generator, they're just too perfect a mix of obscure and common names.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.