Long wait... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Blur303
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Now the exams are drawing to a close, what do you guys think about the wait until the exams are published? Will you all be worrying about it until the 25th or just gonna wait and see?
technical master
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think i will worry at the begining of the holiday but it should get better
InTeRRoGaToR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i aint gna wry
cant do anythin by worryin can we so jus chill
n enjou the long holidays
i know i will
zippy_gerbil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm going to be busy getting on with my life. There's really no point in worrying about it, at the end of the day you've done all you can do and spending the next 2 months worrying about what may or may not happen isn't going to be doing anyone favours.
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I worried enough last year to learn that worrying is pointless; I'm gonna get on enjoying not having school for 2 months, and sunbathing!
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm going to sleep, go on holiday somewhere warm with my family, and embark on some projects.

1.Teaching myself to write ambidexstrous at writing, or at least to see if it is possible.
2.Compose some music (going to have to get used to that doing music next year), and try to arrange some songs, maybe muse, for orchestra and SATB choir.
3.Get a girlfriend - well I might as well dream.

While doing all this, I don't think I will have time to be worried about results.
henryt
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol - Don't bother with ambidextrousity. It's not all it's cracked up to be. It just means that if your hands do happen to get tired easily from writing long essays in exams, very fast, it means you have an alternative. My left hand, however, gets more tired when I write with it (I'm a natural right handed, who then had to learn to write with my left hand because I had my hand in a cast for AGES, and the technique has stuck with me), and my writing, even though still as neat as my right hand's writing, it doesn't have the style...

Anyway - give it a shot (if you want); it's definitely possible. It's just rather unexciting when you achieve it, and it will probably take longer than 2 months (took me 1/2 a year - Yes, I had far too much time to spare...).

Probably be more productive composing or sleeping...
Funkymonk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by henryt)
Lol - Don't bother with ambidextrousity. It's not all it's cracked up to be. It just means that if your hands do happen to get tired easily from writing long essays in exams, very fast, it means you have an alternative. My left hand, however, gets more tired when I write with it (I'm a natural right handed, who then had to learn to write with my left hand because I had my hand in a cast for AGES, and the technique has stuck with me), and my writing, even though still as neat as my right hand's writing, it doesn't have the style...
I agree with the not having "the style" part. I'm naturally left handed, and learning to write with my right hand just sort of came out of nowhere when I was a wee *******, and my right hand, though it can write well, just doesn't have....the style, like henryt said.

Go for it mate, at least it'll keep you pre-occupied until you get your results.
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am gonna definitely relax. No more GCSEs ****.yay.I am not going to worry- what is done is done and can not be changed. I dont want to be a sad person, worrying everyday about some results. I will just enjoy holidays, go out and build up at the gym.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Blur303)
Now the exams are drawing to a close, what do you guys think about the wait until the exams are published? Will you all be worrying about it until the 25th or just gonna wait and see?
nah wont worry....i couldnt be bothered with the worrying even though ill be going mad the day they arrive lol! :p: xoxo
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't want my results.
UpliftMof0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How long were you in a cast for that you had half a year to learn to write with your other hand? what did you do?
henryt
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Long story - essentailly involved some bullying and a DT vice - You can probably guess the rest.... But those horrible days are over....

I took me 6 months to get back to using my right hand properly, because apparently some nerves/muscles had been killed/damaged, so I had to wait for the new ones to grow back (thankfully I was still growing, so my hand wasn't completely dead).

I went back to school after about 2 weeks after the incident (to find my bully had been expelled, which was reassuring in some kind of manner), and I had to type for most of my lessons using my casted right hand & my left hand in the first few weeks back.

I then decided I needed to train myself to write using my left hand, since it was getting ridiculous me trying to transcribe everything that the teacher said onto laptop.

As a result, I gradually got used to writing with my left hand, and it stuck with me. I do usually write with my left hand at least once/week just so I don't forget how. I mainly use my right hand though, which is now in perfect shape.

So essentially, I'm still training myself to be ambidextrous, but it's 99.9% of the way there. I just prefer writing using my right - no problems with ink smearing all over the page when you forget to lift your hand up!
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm goin to worry all the way!
flipflop2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought this forum was about Public transport wid a title like tht *looks dissapointed*
thebadboy2k1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ambidextroush eh...i was in a cast for 2 weeks when i broke my right arm (i'm right handed) and i learnt how to write with my left arm i went from a 4 yr olds writing to an 11 yr old ins 2 weeks, but got no further cus was only in cast for 2 weeks lol. n i cba to keep it up then. lol

cn't believe cast only came off in 2 weeks tho....i broke my arm in 2 places and it was bent so badly the NURSE SCREAMED. she was meant to re-assure me n she screams?!?!
thebadboy2k1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
shizer i spelt ambidextrous wrong...whoops
sheepgirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not going to worry about my results - but I really REALLY want my results now. ug I dont want to wait and I've only just sat my last exam. I'm sure that i'l forget about them after a week or so.
WantA*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
All of you will not sleep on the 24th August.
Imperium
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^^ i will sleep, im not overly worked up about these, my aims in the holidays is:

1)SLEEP
2)Get a Job
3)Write some poetry/raps
4)Go on holiday

Can people clear this up, when and how will i find my results?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed