Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Florida for the results, which I'm quite pissed off about. Usually, I'd worry, but to be honest, I'm not sure I'm all that bothered anymore...I might as well forget about them and just relax whilst I can. Even If I worry at the beginning, which I probably won't because I've done enough worrying already, it'll wear off!

henryt that's awful about what happened to your arm. Must have hurt like hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    Lol - Don't bother with ambidextrousity. It's not all it's cracked up to be. It just means that if your hands do happen to get tired easily from writing long essays in exams, very fast, it means you have an alternative. My left hand, however, gets more tired when I write with it (I'm a natural right handed, who then had to learn to write with my left hand because I had my hand in a cast for AGES, and the technique has stuck with me), and my writing, even though still as neat as my right hand's writing, it doesn't have the style...

Anyway - give it a shot (if you want); it's definitely possible. It's just rather unexciting when you achieve it, and it will probably take longer than 2 months (took me 1/2 a year - Yes, I had far too much time to spare...).

Probably be more productive composing or sleeping...
    hey same here, but the other way round after breaking my left hand four times, i had to learn to write with my right hand, i can write really well with it, but it shows no personality in mean,its jsut words when i write with my right hand, but can be dead helpful

also i'm not gonna worry about them at all, i've done all my worrying now, and as my last exam is graphics, i dont care about that i'l prob start worrying when i come back off holiday on aug20th, those five days in between i'll probably be counting down, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *nuj*)
    ^^ i will sleep, im not overly worked up about these, my aims in the holidays is:

1)SLEEP
    2)Get a Job
    3)Write some poetry/raps
    4)Go on holiday

Can people clear this up, when and how will i find my results?
    lol on the 25th August you get up like its a school day (but dont put on your uniform) go to school for about 9ish, we go into the hall, last yr there were like three tables for each exam board (i know coz i went in to get RS last yr) and get your envelope, open it and scream or cry,lol

ReputationRep:
    My plan is to try not to think about the results and just enjoy my summer, not sure if it'll work though! I dunno if ill just be able to rip the envelopes open - ill probs stand and stare at them for a bit and have to go into a toilet cubicle to open them, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I think that we either have to access our results online, wait till the next day to get them through the post, or indeed call the headmaster up, and ask him for our results... . Must be soo embarrassing for the HM to tell somebody they got crap grades... Oh well - we're getting a new one next year, so he'll probably be brutal to those who don't get good grade!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol on the 25th August you get up like its a school day (but dont put on your uniform) go to school for about 9ish, we go into the hall, last yr there were like three tables for each exam board (i know coz i went in to get RS last yr) and get your envelope, open it and scream or cry,lol

Do we get 3 differnt envelopes then? From the 3 differnt exam boards. I thought that you just got one envelope with all your results. That owuld be awful - because u'd have 2 results and then a long wait to get the next ones. Ug this whole result thing is so stressful! Its just best not to think about it!

ReputationRep:
    yer don't we get only one envelope. 3!! i didn't know tht. pls clarify

ReputationRep:
    im not really bothered by the exam results, i mean im in my sixth form no matter what i get.

ReputationRep:
    zippy_gerbil speaks the truth

ReputationRep:
    yeh were get the peices of paper from each exam bard with the results, you lot prob get your main gcse certificates, which dont get given to us till a 'gcse presentation evening' in december

ReputationRep:
    You shouldnt woz about ur exam marks. This is one of the largest summer holidays you'll ever had. Don't keep thinking about ur exams because it will intefere with 'having a good time'.

If you put the revision in, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i'm only gonna stress about them up till june24th then i'll have 2months of not worryin, them i'll worry, lol

ReputationRep:
    HenryT - The arm incident - OUCH, how horrible of that bully. That must have been dreadful.

Well I have worked out that I am going to be really busy this summer, doing things I enjoy like flute touring, flute courses, seeing a friend I haven't seen for ages, that I probably won't worry about them properly until August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    I am going to be really busy this summer, doing things I enjoy like flute touring, flute courses

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooh! lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, it should be great! Especially since I have worked so hard, it'll be nice to not be doing something which I'd prefer not to do. I better get back to revision now, actually

ReputationRep:
    i should too, but you know when you just dont want to, i woke up this morning thinking i;ll kill myself for a week revising then i'll be fine..........NAH!! and went back to sleep, although i did wake up a 4.42(exactly) because my curtains were open and daylight (yeh daylight at 442) woke me up, i was like nooooo, at least i didnt have an exma today

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to worry until results day-theres no point of ruining the LONGEST SUMMER OF MY LIFE about something that cant be changed.

On results day my plan is to go and get my enelvope go and sit on Hyde park, with tissues, vodka, and alot of chocolate on my own....and open, to either scream in happiness :star: , or cry :bawling:

However knowing how impatient i am, i'll rip it open then and there, and then go and drown my sorrows!

During the summer i'm going to go out everynight, read loads of books, and start reading up on my A2 subjects.

Oh is anyone else not going to tell there parents there results? I'm definatly not telling my mum-she'll alway find a way to be dissappointed.

ReputationRep:
    I dont care about the wait in between, im more worred when i physically have the envelope in my hand, i'll be dreading opening it, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh not telling my mom at all! i would say i'll go somewhere to open my results, but going by what my mate told me last yr, the nosy teachers basically give it away when they look at you,my mate said his chem teacher just frowned at him lol and when he opened his envelope he saw he'd got a C, lol

so no eye contact, at all in fact i might just get it posted and then sit in my garden and open them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    so no eye contact, at all in fact i might just get it posted and then sit in my garden and open them
    You know... thats not a bad idea. But i couldn't cope with not being able to open them at the earliest possible oportunity. How do the teachers get to see them before us? Do they arrive separately the same day or before for the teachers to see or something?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.