Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    Long story - essentailly involved some bullying and a DT vice - You can probably guess the rest.... But those horrible days are over....
    I'm sorry to hear that. I can't believe someone would be so cruel to do that to another person. I'm really glad you're OK now. No one deserves to be treated in that way and, thank goodness, your school expelled the bully.

I don't think I'll think much about the exam results apart from the odd minute every now and then when it dawns on me what they mean.

I intend on sleeping & watching movies & reading & leaving my house.

ReputationRep:
    "and start reading up on my A2 subjects"

Oh my, someone who wants even more work to do!! I thought it wasn't possible to do revision in the summer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that. I can't believe someone would be so cruel to do that to another person. I'm really glad you're OK now. No one deserves to be treated in that way and, thank goodness, your school expelled the bully.
    Thanks for everyone's kind support

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, its such a long way away that I'll probably forget about them! I don't think I'll be as nervous about the results as I was the exams, until probably the day before recieve them. At the end of the day - there's no point panicing anyway, what's done is done, and at that point, it'll be far too late to do anything about it!

And I have to do revision in the Summer too - on 6th form induction day we get given a Maths booklet thats called "Bridging the gap between GCSE and AS level" and I have to complete that over the Summer, plus - I also think there's summer work for my Business Studies course

ReputationRep:
    Now that is harsh.

ReputationRep:
    After doing your AS level exams, you have to go back to school/college for the last 4 weeks of summer to start you A level courses. That's pretty harsh I think.

ReputationRep:
    well that sucks too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    After doing your AS level exams, you have to go back to school/college for the last 4 weeks of summer to start you A level courses. That's pretty harsh I think.
    our school dont the y12's finished like 10jun and aren back till september now, theyve only gotta come in to help out with end of yr events such as festival and sports day

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, someone who wants even more work to do!! I thought it wasn't possible to do revision in the summer!

i know i know, but i'll probably get so bored over 10 weeks that i'll need to do something to keep me occupied! Otherwise i'll be sitting at home turning to mush

ReputationRep:
    Turning to mush isn't neccessarily a bad thing!

ReputationRep:
    I've just been out to buy some AS level revision books! I'm going to get soooooo bored this holiday! I may as well read them through so that I know whats going on in september! However I had 2 weeks of work experiance starting on the 26th. My school is wierd. We have to do our work experiance IN OUR HOLIDAYS!!!!!! Grrrr. I dont mind tho - its something to do!

ReputationRep:
    Lol - I've already bought the AS/A2 revision guides. Some of our teachers gave them to us and taught us with them (since some teachers were "bored" of GCSE!). Some are quite intersting, but that's probably only because I'm a geek :p:!

ReputationRep:
    How do you know what revision guides to buy if you don't know what's on the syllabus? [I'm not trying to raise an arguement here, just curious].

ReputationRep:
    But I know the specs/boards I'm doing for A-level... Plus, the A-level guides can be quite general in the fact that they cover many boards .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    But I know the specs/boards I'm doing for A-level... Plus, the A-level guides can be quite general in the fact that they cover many boards .
    Ahhh I see, I might find out what board I'll be doing next year and get a little headstart.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the Letts AS revision guides that cover all syllabuses. Its got a list at the front with what you need to learn for each exam board. Do you know if there are any revision guides for theatre studies or music technology???? I'm guessing theatre studies is differnt because you study differnt plays but any music tec books? I may have a good search on amazon!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.