The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
CrzySxyCool
i know people always tell you what you do in psycology in as and A level but can someone tell me specificly what you can learn and how this can benefit someone?i am thinking about doing it but i am wondering if its just a "common sense" subject?

It's definately not a common sense subject. U have to learn other people's opinions so yours doesn't really count for much. I'll be honest, I took Psychology cos the media would have u believe it's an easy subject (which is what i wanted since i'm doing Law and English Lit). However, I find Psychology the hardest of the lot and can't wait to finish it and 4get i ever set eyes on it! But that's just my opinion + I'm studying at home so maybe i would've found it more enjoyable if i'd have been at college. There's soooo much revision as well- it boils down to how good a memory u have in the end! If u're looking for an easy subject I definately wouldn't choose psychology!
Reply 21
Top subject.. studying AQA A2 now! People seemed to do reasonably well in it at my school, and I don't think anyone got a U in it.

I don't think you have to learn too much, because I went into the exam knowing next-to-nothing on Attachments - but just used my exam technique effectively and came out with 86/100 - which was my lowest from A2, but considering I knew nothing really.. very pleasing.
Reply 22
I do psychology, it's great! I'm doing AQA AS at the moment and we're doing:
Attachments (like how babies attach to their parents, and about daycae and stuff)
Cognitive (memory, forgetting, and stuff about eyewitness testimony)
Abnormality (Im doing this at the moment, it's really interesting. We do stuff like how you define abnormality, and stuff about easting disorders)
Theres also units on stress, conforming and research methods, but I havent started that yet.

I wouldnt say psy is a doss subject, you do need to know things and no-one would be able to go into the exam and pass just on common-knowlege (and i mean no-one). Having said that though, if you know your stuff it's easy enough. I'm hoping for an A in it. It's really enjoyable as well!

Hope this helps

Latest