Sky Digital - ITV working? Watch

This discussion is closed.
cherc2005
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
is anybody getting a message saying "no sattalite signal being recieved" when they tune in to ITV, ITV2 or ITV3?

cos thats the message i get :confused:

but every other channel is the same!

i know its probably pointless in asking seeing as its different for each area of england, but worth a try......

(from south-east btw)
GiBB*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no mines fine...mite jst be the weather were u are or the black leads not in propley
Mr. Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ITV is always pants with Sky. I heard from someone that Sky prioritises its premium channels (Sky Sports etc.) with the best signal, and gives a weaker signal to ITV/BBC.
Saree
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, it's just your tv. Happens sometimes though, usually works again properly soon after.
GiBB*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
btw as were on the topic of sky has any seen the secret menu thing...i was just pressing random things and it come up dont know what it is tho
press the green services button then go to system setup then press the 0 button then press 1 and then select
Helen_w
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nope, ours is fine.

How about turning it off at the wall?
cherc2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by GiBB*)
btw as were on the topic of sky has any seen the secret menu thing...i was just pressing random things and it come up dont know what it is tho
press the green services button then go to system setup then press the 0 button then press 1 and then select
lol yeh just did it that menu thing....i thinks its intended for experts i.e. sky digital workers for use when things go wrong....
probably hidden so people dont go changing everything within the menu lol.
Mr. Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone found the secret menu on vending machines? You can do it on standard Coke machines, I can't remember the combination (of pressing the selection buttons), but you get into an interface where you can dish out drinks, change their prices and even take out a defined amount of change. Most vending machines have the UI locked, though, so you can't do anything once you type in the code for the menu. It does freeze up the machine though, so the next person can't use it for a while. I've done that a few times :P.
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cherc2005)
lol yeh just did it that menu thing....i thinks its intended for experts i.e. sky digital workers for use when things go wrong....
probably hidden so people dont go changing everything within the menu lol.
"Services - 4 - 01 - Select" I think it is, but don't use any of the options cos some of them can really screw up your box!
cherc2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kingspharm)
"Services - 4 - 01 - Select" I think it is, but don't use any of the options cos some of them can really screw up your box!
exactly!

btw sky working again lol, just turned the sky box off and on again!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads