Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im looking to apply for a mathematics (or related) degree at the moment, and i really like the look of manchester, and want use two of my choices there (probably on maths+management and maths+statisitcs)

on ucas it says an offer there is AAA or AAB (including FM)

i think if i put in the work this year, i could make AAB (as i do FM), but in the additional information it says that you need a A in the C3 module and C4 module. I didnt get these.

The way it works in my college is, FM students just do the full A2 in one year, in my first year i got a A overall, but towards the end of the year it was a real squeeze tryin to finish the syllabus with regards to C3/C4 so couldnt get up to a A standard in those modules. Im going AS/A2 FM this year.

do you think its still worth it to apply? i really dont want to waste any options if they are strict on this A grades in C3/C4 thing.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyH)
    im looking to apply for a mathematics (or related) degree at the moment, and i really like the look of manchester, and want use two of my choices there (probably on maths+management and maths+statisitcs)

on ucas it says an offer there is AAA or AAB (including FM)

i think if i put in the work this year, i could make AAB (as i do FM), but in the additional information it says that you need a A in the C3 module and C4 module. I didnt get these.

The way it works in my college is, FM students just do the full A2 in one year, in my first year i got a A overall, but towards the end of the year it was a real squeeze tryin to finish the syllabus with regards to C3/C4 so couldnt get up to a A standard in those modules. Im going AS/A2 FM this year.

do you think its still worth it to apply? i really dont want to waste any options if they are strict on this A grades in C3/C4 thing.

thanks
    Call them up and see what the deparment says. were they close A's or really low??

ReputationRep:
    not wasnt close to a A tbh..

ive emailed them by the way, ill post on here what they say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyH)
    not wasnt close to a A tbh..

ive emailed them by the way, ill post on here what they say
    did you get a response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaggy)
    did you get a response?
    yes sorry, they just said they accept re-sits so havnt got anywhere to be honest, im just not applying to manchester now, need to concentrate on my futhur modules

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as you resit the 2 modules this year and get As then you'll probably be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if you can't get an A in C3/C4 then you don't do maths at uni. You start after C4, so unless you're 110% confident on C3/C4 then you'll struggle HEAVILY at uni. Where the support and spoon feeding is less. Imo i'd resit and apply to manc if you like it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 14, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.