Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend bought me this skirt for my birthday:

It's gorgeous but I have no idea what to wear with it, especially on top. Leggings, tights, heels, flats, vest top, cardigan, tshirt, what colour?
    Any ideas?
    You can't tell very much from the pic but it's a very full skirt meaning that it billows out quite a bit like a 50's skirt
    I'm going out tonight, any suggestions appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Something white.

ReputationRep:
    Black tank top, no leggings/tights, simple shoes.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to look summery/casual wear a plain top, if you want to look more classy wear a black top or a top that's the same colour as the roses. Heels or flats would look nice And a little cardi will make it look really cute too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelr)
    If you want to look summery/casual wear a plain top, if you want to look more classy wear a black top or a top that's the same colour as the roses. Heels or flats would look nice And a little cardi will make it look really cute too
    Hmm thank you

ReputationRep:
    Now that it's winter, I'd wear it with black tights and pumps or black boots.

A cardigan would look way cute with that or like hazelr said, a top in either black or the same colour as the pink. That skirt is BEAUTIFUL, I love the lace.

ReputationRep:
    Black tank top, black boots or heels. & if it's cold then black tights.
    It's lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)

It's gorgeous but I have no idea what to wear with it, especially on top. Leggings, tights, heels, flats, vest top, cardigan, tshirt, what colour?
    Any ideas?
    You can't tell very much from the pic but it's a very full skirt meaning that it billows out quite a bit like a 50's skirt
    black heels or boots, maybe black tights but would probably look better just bare legs, black tank top

ReputationRep:
    Maybe boots and a blazer?

ReputationRep:
    semi-sheer black tights (get the ones with a seam up the back if you can find them), black heels, black body -
    like this: http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...t_category_rn= or this: http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...t_category_rn= or this: http://www.americanapparel.com/8373.html?cid=30&c=Black with a low back.
    V pretty skirt!

ReputationRep:
    Black, white, pinks, aubegines, purples, creams, greys, maroon, greens. Sometimes something like that gets scary and you stick with pretty plain combos. It's fine, but to punch it up just try it on with everything you have in the wardrobe. Lots of it will be awful but you'll find some stuff that works suprisingly well, and will get you out of the just with black/white/pink mode.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!
    much love xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)

Any ideas?
    i LOVE it. absolutely GORGEOUS! where's it from? i must have it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i LOVE it. absolutely GORGEOUS! where's it from? i must have it!
    New Look basically the only place I ever shop!
    I don't know whether you'd be able to get it now though because it was on the way out when I got it
    If you really want it and can't find it, I might be willing to part with it, just message me

Ps. Very jealous that you have an unconditional at Exeter!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh ja ja very nice. I have a similar shaped skirt but it's red with polka dots. I wore it out with simple pumps and a simple fitted white top (that looked a little like a corset) that wasn't too overbearing so the skirt stood out.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.