Turn on thread page Beta

Nowadays whenever I go to bed it seems I cant go to sleep.For eg I went to bed at 12 yesterday I was awake till 8 in the morning ...this has been going for two weeks or more now ...I got a very bad headache and dont feel good at all.

i just dont know what to do...

Doctor's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Doctor's

The Doctor's what?

(Original post by Sammydemon)
    The Doctor's what?
    Go there maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Have you been sleeping during the day at all? Speaking to your GP is probably the best bet if you genuinely have not slept at all but if you've been sleeping during the day then try and get yourself back into a 'normal' routine by forcing yourself to stay awake all day and then going to bed at 10pm ish and staying there until whatever time in the morning you would normally get up and forcing yourself to stay awake all day etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should go and get some advice. Not being able to sleep is one of the worst things ever I think, and when it starts to catch up with you over a few days or a week, it feels even worse.

I'm surprised you lasted that long ;o

Do you do much during the day? Is there anything in particular playing on your mind and stopping you sleeping?

ReputationRep:
    Have some night nurse but only after consulting your Dr.

ReputationRep:
    :doctor:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    Yes I do go for long runs for excercise ...However Im at my home during most of the time so haven't got nothing to do ..nothings troubling my mind just nothing to do..
    I take it you decided you didn't need your anonymity?

Like the others have said speak to a doctor but in the meantime you could try valarian. Capsules from health food shops and tea from supermarkets.

Meditation and relaxation techniques work as well. Try a CD from a bookshop or webpage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)

Like the others have said speak to a doctor but in the meantime you could try valarian. Capsules from health food shops and tea from supermarkets.

Meditation and relaxation techniques work as well. Try a CD from a bookshop or webpage.
    I used this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Can-Make-You.../dp/0593055381 and http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...il.asp?pid=131

ReputationRep:
    sleeping tablets?

in the evening try keeping lighting dim and tv music etc quiet to help your body relax, then when you do try to sleep you will already be relaxed so it will be easier to get to sleep.

thanks guys will try all the above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    The Doctor's what?
    Surgery, I imagine?

ReputationRep:
    Every time I say this in related threads, my reply gets deleted but honestly there was a phase like this for me and it worked. Are you a guy? If so, masturbate. Spank the bishop, monkey bash, make sure your boat is well afloat. I hear it's a natural sleep aid.

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem too. The trick is to try and wear yourself out in the day. For a short-term fix though, Nytol works a treat, and isn't harmful for short-term use.

ReputationRep:
    The doctor may not do much to help, it depends how severe they think it is and what's causing it. They may give you some tablets, but they may just talk to you about how to unwind. I can fully sympathise as I've got insomnia and have had 2 hours sleep almost every night this week.

If you haven't got a lot to do then maybe you need to keep more occupied. I usually find having nothing to do makes me more tired though! Make sure you keep your running as a daytime activity and don't do anything a few hours before bed. I sometimes find getting away from the computer or TV an hour before bed helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)

Wow, you just love giving your money away, huh?

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.