Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I'm new to the forum, and to studying!!!
    Can you help me by telling me what is actually meant by physiological factors? The question i have to answer is - Name physiological factors that control Blood Pressure?
    Am i on the right lines when i think - diet, exercise, less stress/drinking/smoking etc?
    Or is it something more complicated???
    Thanks, not done any study for 12 years.
    Struggling

ReputationRep:
    I think you're on the right lines but can't say much more I'm afraid, I think it is physical things like the smoking/general stress/anxiety like you said? Things that are controllable and on the outside like an external factor kind of?! Don't take my word for it but I think you are right!

ReputationRep:
    Genetics/ethnicity/age/weight/viscosity of blood/force that heart is contracting at/elasticity and size of arteries/presence of atherosclerosis etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tartanfef)
    Hi guys
    I'm new to the forum, and to studying!!!
    Can you help me by telling me what is actually meant by physiological factors? The question i have to answer is - Name physiological factors that control Blood Pressure?
    Am i on the right lines when i think - diet, exercise, less stress/drinking/smoking etc?
    Or is it something more complicated???
    Thanks, not done any study for 12 years.
    Struggling

erm they're all external factors, and long term

ok, so imagine..you're excercisng, what happens to your body? You breathe faster, heart rate goes up, what would all this lead too?

its a fairly simple question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinglepupskye)
    Genetics/ethnicity/age/weight/viscosity of blood/force that heart is contracting at/elasticity and size of arteries/presence of atherosclerosis etc

i tried to word my post to get the OP thinking not give him the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    i tried to word my post to get the OP thinking not give him the answer
    Well bend me over and kiss my dimpled ass.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.