Turn on thread page Beta

Past Sexual Relationships watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    It got to be a real problem and in the end I started trying to look like her, feling I had to compete with her all the time, I dyed my hair brown, out streaks in it, adopted mannerisms etc to try and trick him into thinking he wanted me instead of her.
    Doesn't that make you a bit of a .... pleb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Doesn't that make you a bit of a .... pleb?
    Now I realise that :rolleyes: I can't believe I went that far but it was all "Rachel this" "Rachel that" she was the best thing ever, they lived together too which was a bit strange :s:

ReputationRep:
    Dont know about you, but i dont think that i'd be comfortable with my bf fantasizing over another woman when he was sleeping with me! you're worth better than that hun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    ask her to join in.
    i know this dosent help things, or progress this thread.

however, in every thead i have seen this guy post in, he has posted useless pointless comments, much like the one above. v annoying.

now i shall try and say something constructive in order not to be like this idiot. i was the same as you when i started to go out with my girlfriend, but as others have said, you begin to realise that you cannot change that and everything that this person has done, has sculpted them into the person that you love today. so try and put it out of your mind and enjoy the r/ship u have.

S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    i know this dosent help things, or progress this thread.

however, in every thead i have seen this guy post in, he has posted useless pointless comments, much like the one above. v annoying.
    In actual fact, he has made some usual posts, and to be honest his advice is about as usual as some of the other advice on this thread, so let's all take into account all advice given.

ReputationRep:
    im a guy and i really dont like thinking bout it, i mean im not exacly pure but i went out with this one girl who wasnt slutty but she just done it alot of times with a x.... and it drove me crazy i mean was he better than me, will she compare, after watching sex n the city type programmes l8 when i came bk from work i thought did she discuss it with her m8s, was i good bad, did they laugh at me, just lots of little nuroses.... but i mean if i asked shes not gonna say nything different, but i think every1 has these thoughts

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    In actual fact, he has made some usual posts, and to be honest his advice is about as usual as some of the other advice on this thread, so let's all take into account all advice given.
    i think you mean "USEFUL" mate

:rolleyes:

if you think "ask her to join in" is a valid comment then more fool you. i say do not take into account that **** point since plenty more constructive comments have been made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    i think you mean "USEFULL" mate

:rolleyes:
    I think YOU mean "USEFUL"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    I think YOU mean "USEFUL"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    quite lol

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toffeeprincess)
    putting all testing and stuff aside (though i know it's important) how does everyone else cope with the fact that people have had sex with people before you? i'm a jealous person and i hate it. i can't stop thinking about other girls and what he's done and where he's been and it's getting to be a real problem. it makes me really sad. i don't want to be jealous, as i'm not exactly virginal myself, but i can't stop thinking about the other girls.

any advice please.
    This thread might help

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t97754.html

putting all testing and stuff aside
    (Original post by Matthews2250)
    Experience = better shag

can only be a good thing.
    I don't want to sound like the old bore (although I am) but that really is a lot of rubbish that dominates discussions among high school kids. It's not by increasing experience, "testing" with loads of different people that you become good in bed. Some people with loads of partners are actually totally rubbish in bed because they have the wrong attitude. It's all about knowing how to be emotionally receptive and to know how to become intimate with someone...increasing your number of partners doesn't do that.
    Plus to enjoy sex, it's very little about the technique. It's all about connecting.

ReputationRep:
    hear hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthews2250)
    Experience = better shag

can only be a good thing.
    this is absolute rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    I don't see the big deal with it - I can't expect everyone to have lived in a cave before they met me. I have to deal with the fact that the world doesn't revolve around me occasionally.
    It doesn't? Why wasn't I told? :rolleyes:

I think it would depend, I find it weird to think of someone caring as much about someone else as they do about me now, more than the physical things. But relationships with different people are different, or at least I hope so...

ReputationRep:
    I think sometimes its harder if you've only been with that one person and they've had experiences with others. You get this real "was she better?" "am i doing it wrong?" thing going - kinda hard to shake it when you dont have your own experiences with someone else to compare it to. But listen to what they say, they most likely mean it when they say you're much better than their ex's

ReputationRep:
    all this makes me think, 'relationships in general are SO difficult'.The things we come up against *shakes head*. I'm angsting about mine at mo,i want perfection but i know I'll never find it, or will some other imperfect person be more right for me than my current 'imperfect' person???argh.I like being alone more sometimes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    putting all testing and stuff aside (though i know it's important) how does everyone else cope with the fact that people have had sex with people before you? i'm a jealous person and i hate it. i can't stop thinking about other girls and what he's done and where he's been and it's getting to be a real problem. it makes me really sad. i don't want to be jealous, as i'm not exactly virginal myself, but i can't stop thinking about the other girls.

any advice please.
    think of it this way... he is with you know... and not them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    This thread might help

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t97754.html

I don't want to sound like the old bore (although I am) but that really is a lot of rubbish that dominates discussions among high school kids. It's not by increasing experience, "testing" with loads of different people that you become good in bed. Some people with loads of partners are actually totally rubbish in bed because they have the wrong attitude. It's all about knowing how to be emotionally receptive and to know how to become intimate with someone...increasing your number of partners doesn't do that.
    Plus to enjoy sex, it's very little about the technique. It's all about connecting.
    Rep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    It doesn't? Why wasn't I told? :rolleyes:

I think it would depend, I find it weird to think of someone caring as much about someone else as they do about me now, more than the physical things. But relationships with different people are different, or at least I hope so...
    I would agree entirely with the comment that relationships with different people are different. The relationship I'm in now is entirely different to anything I've ever had before.

I'll stop before I gush.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.