Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so I am dating this guy who is my first boyfriend. We date 6 months now. During this time he did many many very nice and sweet things and he was trying to show me how much he likes me.

However, during those 6 months I found out he lied to me 4 times ..
    1. during our 1st month of dating
    He said he was playing pool with his friend from school but then I found out BY MYSELF that actually that day he was playing pool and drinking beer with his two friends that I actually know.

I dont mind with whom he plays but why would he lie to me in a such a little thing? and trust me people I am not obsessive at all

2+3. he wrote two songsne that he sang to me and another that he gave me in a card for our 2nd months... and he was telling me how HE wrote them.
    in some time i found out that those two things he wrote were SONGS! he did not even change the word. i do not mind him copying songs and giving me to them but then do not tell me that YOU wrote him
    and the last one
    4. my boyfriend does not like when his girlfriend goes out to a club without him. In response, and to make it fair he told me that he will not be going out to clubs without me. However, if there is a special ocasion it is ok if we go alone.
    and so ... right now I am doing my year abroad in a different continent. None of us went to any clubs until recently.
    My bf is a singer and he has a group. It is three of them (for the sake of names lets call them my bf, daniel and mike). So... Daniel and Mike were supposed to perform in one club without my bf but then they got into argument and Daniel was left alone to performe. For that reason, according to my bf, Daniel asked him to help him out and sing in stead of Mike. So my mf called me and we discussed it and he ended up going there and performing. However at the end he did not perform because he said that the microphone was broken so he went there for nothing. And the second thing is that recently I saw a picture of them three in that club sitting all together !!!... and what is that? I have talked to my bf after the club and he said he saw Mike and ne did not mention anything about Mike and Daniel sitting at the same table. My bf said that Mike came with some other people and he just went up to him said hello and nothing else.

and so before... long time ago... i always told myself that if this would happen i would just simply break up with a guy but for some reason i feel scared and like i do not want to do it because i like him a lot ... but ...

what are your opinions on that ? plz !

ReputationRep:
    This seems pretty minor, albeit he lied.

I don't even understand number 4 on your list.

ReputationRep:
    just ask yourself, are you attrated to him, if yes stick, your still young

Classical gf over-analysis with minor symptoms of showing possesiveness towards bf is my initial diagnosis.

ReputationRep:
    if english isn't your first language then fair enough, otherwise...wtf are you trying to say?
    i have no idea what your on about with your first and fourth statements - as for two and three, they're minor to say the least. If you like the guy then they shouldn't be a problem, if they bother you to such an extent that you can't take it anymore then that's another issue - you're just going to have to evaluate what's most important to you. However, if he continues to lie to you about minor things then you should be concerned about his lack of honesty in your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hogo)
    This seems pretty minor, albeit he lied.

I don't even understand number 4 on your list.
    ...I can't understand any of it.

ReputationRep:
    I think your getting yourself worked up over nothing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Erm... from what i actually understand from this your over reacting.
    They were pretty minor 2bh, but honestly and trust are important in a relationship. See if he continues lieing to you about minor things and then consider whether you want to stay together or not.

ReputationRep:
    You're overreacting about such minor things (I don't get number four though!)

ReputationRep:
    I got no 4, justabouts.

All of them are tiny, relax.

ReputationRep:
    they are minor, but enough to reconsider the relationship because I mean, if he's lying now, the lies are only gonna get bigger

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a relationship not based on mutual trust, none of you trust the other.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, but if I've interpreted your post correctly, you're overreacting.

ReputationRep:
    Guys can be weird sometimes and lie about the most stupid things even if telling the truth wouldn't do any harm.
    I'd say if you really like him, stick with him. It's not like he's cheating on you or anything, they were minor lies.
    God knows what goes through boys' minds sometimes 8-)

ReputationRep:
    Hes a liar, you're a weirdo. You're made for each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Hes a liar, you're a weirdo. You're made for each other.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him you cant take the lying anymore and if it continues your leaving. You will know what to do by his reaction

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to be sweet, but that doesn't mean you're actually a nice person. Always remember, superficial charm is the first sign of a psychopath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ... ...~~>>> competetiva)
    so I am dating this guy who is my first boyfriend. We date 6 months now. During this time he did many many very nice and sweet things and he was trying to show me how much he likes me.

However, during those 6 months I found out he lied to me 4 times ..
    1. during our 1st month of dating
    He said he was playing pool with his friend from school but then I found out BY MYSELF that actually that day he was playing pool and drinking beer with his two friends that I actually know.

I dont mind with whom he plays but why would he lie to me in a such a little thing? and trust me people I am not obsessive at all

2+3. he wrote two songsne that he sang to me and another that he gave me in a card for our 2nd months... and he was telling me how HE wrote them.
    in some time i found out that those two things he wrote were SONGS! he did not even change the word. i do not mind him copying songs and giving me to them but then do not tell me that YOU wrote him
    and the last one
    4. he gets crazy when i am going clubbing without him and he said to me that he will not go out clubing without me. However now I am far away from him and still i do not go to any clubs. However, he is in sum singing band and they were performing in one club. Firstly, he was telling me that he is not going and it was ok although i did not mind him to go. Then 2 days before he toled me that those two guys that had to sing had an argument and now that guy that is going to sing alone asked for his help and so if i think it would be ok ... and that was also gona go there with his sisters...
    and TODAY i saw the picture of him and thoe TWO guys in the club (the guy that my bf was going instead of was there as well and the sat at the same table).
    I have talked to my bf after he came form the club and he told me he saw his friend but he did not mention anything about those two guys that had an argument actually sitting at the same table

and so before... long time ago... i always told myself that if this would happen i would just simply break up with a guy but for some reason i feel scared and like i do not want to do it because i like him a lot ... but ...

what are your opinions on that ? plz !

lol guys watch out, if u play pool with friends ur gf knows and don't say who they are........ you could be in trouble!

ReputationRep:
    Bizarre. I don't think you're overreacting, it's really weird and would make me reconsider the relationship. Confront him about it, tell him it's completely unnecessary for him to lie over these little things and that it really bothers you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.