Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on David Cameron's Speech? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What is your opinion of David Cameron's speech?
    Good
    50.00%
    Partly Good and Bad
    20.00%
    Bad
    30.00%

I would always say that I am a Conservative and would vote for them in any election. I watched their Conference in Manchester and I was impressed.

However, is it just me or did David Cameron's speech prove to be a disappointment? Cameron just talked about his wife, his deceased child and how he wants to make Britain better.

Cameron hardly talked about policies or what he actually wants to do if elected into power. When he did suggest an idea, he didn't even say how he would do this? etc

What did you think?

ReputationRep:
    It was a safe speech that hit all the right notes and didn't rock the boat (to electoral victory). Ultimately though, I've heard nothing but policies from the Tories all week. So I don't really know why you think Cameron needed to repeat the policies that his shadow cabinet has been banging on about since from Sunday.

What I think people were looking for was a future vision of what Britain under Tory rule would be like. Whether or not people like his vision, nobody can say that he didn't make it clear what his vision was.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.