Roehampton university- whitelands campus Watch

googularcheese
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi, I am considering studying psychology at roehampton and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the thought of the Whitelands campus? It looks beautiful, but do you feel isolated as it is not on the main site? Also what is the area around the campus like (e.g europe's largest council estate..)

Thanks
claire
EierVonSatan
Badges: 19
Report 9 years ago
I have moved this to the London university forum, you should get a better response here
googularcheese
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
thanks
Paeony
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lived on Whitelands for a couple of years, and it's fine. You're only a ten minute walk from the main campus and the surrounding area isn't that bad - personally I liked it as it was closer to what shops there are in Roehampton, and it was more convenient for buses. You're just on the edge of the estate, and it's really not that bad - it has a bad reputation because it was a dodgy place in the early eighties, but tbh now it's fine and I've lived in far worse places. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the estates in South East London. I certainly never felt unsafe there. You're also right on the edge of Richmond park and that's a bonus.

I liked the Whitelands campus - it had a nice feel to it and felt like more of a community than the main campus. Also the building is lovely and the bar was nice. Not the most atmospheric of places but it's got great views. Also, as I said, you really don't feel that isolated as you're really not that far from the main campus, and I quite liked the feeling of coming 'home' at the end of the day as I had most of my lessons on the main campus.
maisiek23
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by googularcheese)
Hi, I am considering studying psychology at roehampton and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the thought of the Whitelands campus? It looks beautiful, but do you feel isolated as it is not on the main site? Also what is the area around the campus like (e.g europe's largest council estate..)

Thanks
claire

Heyy,

I'm thinking about doing psych too well, psych and counselling.
Have you applied yet? I still haven't heard anything back!
harpdevil
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by maisiek23)
Heyy,

I'm thinking about doing psych too well, psych and counselling.
Have you applied yet? I still haven't heard anything back!
I've applied for Counselling at Roehampton and had an interview about a week or two ago. It's been a while since your post so I would guess you've heard by now. I don't know if we would be classmates as I'm doing the full counselling course, but we'll be on the same campus at least! Glad to hear Whitelands is a nice place to be, really looking forward to it That's if I pass the interview of course :P
maisiek23
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello! Nice to hear back from someone...
I've got in! I can't wait, waiting to apply for accomodation now. It's nice to meet someone who should be there too, do you have facebook or anything? Message me your details etc,
Maisie x

(Original post by harpdevil)
I've applied for Counselling at Roehampton and had an interview about a week or two ago. It's been a while since your post so I would guess you've heard by now. I don't know if we would be classmates as I'm doing the full counselling course, but we'll be on the same campus at least! Glad to hear Whitelands is a nice place to be, really looking forward to it That's if I pass the interview of course :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed