ok so i turn on my laptop on wednesday and this error shows up
"bla bla something's wrong with msidcrl40.dll, windows live messenger will now close"
now i dunno if that's related to my actual problem but they coincided so i thought i'd put that out there.
so anyways, my laptop won't connect to the wireless router. i ask vista why. vista says windows wireless service isn't running. i tell it to fix it but it can't.
so i google. and google. and google. and do lots of crap.
1) i go into services and try to manually start WLan AutoConfig. it wont start. all the dependencies are running fine.
2) i go into regedit and go into local machine and services and current setup and ndusio and make sure start is set to 3. it is. i try 2 and restart. no joy.
3) i go into CMD and do "sfc /scannow". it scans. there are problems. it can't fix them.
4) i run AVG. no problems apparently.
5) i go into the windows/L2somethings and make sure the WLAN files aren't corrupted. they're not.
so can anyone help me??
im kinda worried im gonna have to reinstall windows cause in my google adventures it's being mentioned a lot...
speaking of which, can i do that with a vista CD with the word 'upgrade' on it? like i bought this laptop new about 2 years ago and that was the CD that came with it.. :/
Find out which colleges are sending invitations