Turn on thread page Beta

Bra under this top? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Tsr,

I saw this top the other day which would be perfect for a party i'm going to -
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Fre...thing,wblouses

but as you can see, it would be pretty hard to wear a bra with it. I have quite good boobs, so i would have the confidence to go braless but, when i tried it on, it was quite gappy around the sides, meaning people would be able to see my boobies!

I just wanted TSR's opinion on whether this would look awful with a black bra?

ReputationRep:
    I thik you would look better braless lol.

ReputationRep:
    i think most girls would wear that kind of a top with a black bra, tbh :yes:

so no, wear a bra, you'll be fine

yeah i realise i'm a guy so i'll just leave

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    don't go braless. you would be able to see everything if you even moved an inch. I'd wear a black bra and if it looked terrible, a black cami

ReputationRep:
    Be wary of advice from men.

That having been said, I think you could get away with braless but it depends on the people there, for goodness' sake don't wear it to a family gathering or anything.

Sensible bit over. I think you'd look better...topless.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried a strapless black bra?

ReputationRep:
    You could buy one of those special backless bras with it. Or maybe a bikini top? Or a normal bra and vest top under it. Whatever you feel comfortable with and what looks good.

ReputationRep:
    Wear a black bra. Go for a strapless one or one with clear straps if you're worried the straps will show.

ReputationRep:
    Get one of the bras where you can cross over the straps at the back...perfect :P

ReputationRep:
    having just looked at the back of the dress as well as the front, I think a strapless fra would be fine if you're planning on wearing some kind of thing over the top, but maybe one of those sticky pad type bras might work better if you wanted to wear it sans cardie?

ReputationRep:
    Can't you get that sticky tape thing? I saw it in a shop once, it keeps dresses in place. :ninja:

EDIT: this? I'm not sure though. :dontknow:

If not, then just a black bra?

ReputationRep:
    yeah think a black bra would be ok, could even wear a strapless black bra which might be better, like some one said above you might be able to get away with wearing a cami underneath it. failing that go bra less

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a strapless black bra that is a bit sheer. (I think shoulder straps might totally ruin in effect of the top)

Or do they still do those stick on bras? does anyone know what I'm on about? Then at least if the top did gape there'd be no flashing

I think on figleaves.com they have a 'backless bra' that has diamante straps across the back instead which looks a bit foxy - but not sure if it'd match the top

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Hey Tsr,

I saw this top the other day which would be perfect for a party i'm going to -
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Fre...thing,wblouses

but as you can see, it would be pretty hard to wear a bra with it. I have quite good boobs, so i would have the confidence to go braless but, when i tried it on, it was quite gappy around the sides, meaning people would be able to see my boobies!

I just wanted TSR's opinion on whether this would look awful with a black bra?
    :grin: glad you liked it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!
    I think i'm deffo going to try one of those stick on bras, even though i would be mega paranoid about it becoming unstuck or something!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Strapless black bra might work, although strapless bras always seem to make my boobs look slightly odd. I wouldn't go without one though, imagine if someone knocked into you and pulled the dress to one side! :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.