Turn on thread page Beta

at uni but really need to meet more people watch

Announcements

the only people i know are my housemates, although i get on with them i still dont feel like im myself...i dont even know what myself is because im always so shy...i hate only being talkative and relaxed when im drunk..it makes me feel like a loser
    on my course ive only met one person, everyone else is really loud and already formed groups. im quite dissapointed at how stupid people in my course are...like most of them are locals and it doesnt seem like anyones very academic...i know every class has a few loud people but like seriously the majority of them seem to be really confident.

i really want to meet some more people. i think i only get on with certain types which are quite rare, i cant just get on with everyone.
    plz dont say societies, ive joined one and had no interest in any others. i need to seriously make some friends i just dont know where.....

bump

ReputationRep:
    Societies, I can't see any other way...? Gotta try harder, not everyone can be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    OP you just sound just like me.
    I've just started uni and only friends with my 3 housemates.
    I sit on my own in lectures and seminars.. everyone else is really loud and unfriendly.
    I'm going to one society and that's it and I've tried some other but hated them. So I don't know what else to say to you..

(Original post by Lolafifi)
    OP you just sound just like me.
    I've just started uni and only friends with my 3 housemates.
    I sit on my own in lectures and seminars.. everyone else is really loud and unfriendly.
    I'm going to one society and that's it and I've tried some other but hated them. So I don't know what else to say to you..
    i thought there would be more of a mixed bag on my course but there isnt that much..also cuz they are mostly locals they dont go to the student nights or anythin..i was hoping there would be a few geeky types but im not that surprised as its not the best uni but i cant help thinking 'im above it' or something because some of them are in through access courses and have no gcses and stuff. theyv all made friends and are so bloody loud that i dont want to be friends with any of them.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm here!!
    I'm new in London and this year I study an external program so I don't have uni mates.. it's so difficult to meet peolple in a new city when you don't know a single person, and I'm in London, I speak every single day with lots of people..but.. here I am.
    I don't know anything about uni societies but about London hobby club or societies.. I guess that there are a lot of them but.. where?? and for less than 300£ for a weekend workshop??
    I don't know what to say..

ReputationRep:
    Your not in edinburgh by any chance are you?

Same again.. I'm second year and my housemates who were actual friends last year 'drifted' as soon as it became a 24/7 thing this year. It happens!

My plan is to join a couple of societies, and get a hot lads I keep seeing! Boyfriends/ girlfriends fill up a lot of free time

Make more of an effort with half- friends, and be more pro- active.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.