Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So I didn't do amazingly well last year. Just came out of a long term relationship, but have started to have feelings for a friend of mine and he likes me too. But I have this feeling that if we start anything it could affect my grades/performance since I kind of blame my last relationship for my AS grades.

Don't know what to do or what to tell him.

Help?

ReputationRep:
    Learn to live with both.

ReputationRep:
    GRADES/PERFORMANCE > HIM.

If you see it any otherway, good luck with the exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaRgEgIrL)
    Hey!

So I didn't do amazingly well last year. Just came out of a long term relationship, but have started to have feelings for a friend of mine and he likes me too. But I have this feeling that if we start anything it could affect my grades/performance since I kind of blame my last relationship for my AS grades.

Don't know what to do or what to tell him.

Help?
    when i did my a-levels last year i loved having somene special to talk to and relate to coz ur going through the same stuff - so for me it helped - especially if your doin some of the same subjects

ReputationRep:
    It'll be nice so it takes your mind off work & shtuff
    But then if you spend time with him, you'd probs have to limit your social life with friends & things. ..to like...have time for work.
    ...but if I liked a guy lots, I'd be fine with spending less time with friends
    (Sounds harsh, yes? ...but is true )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    when i did my a-levels last year i loved having somene special to talk to and relate to coz ur going through the same stuff - so for me it helped - especially if your doin some of the same subjects
    we both do maths. teachers like us because we both got A's so always make a point of putting us together. I'm worried it will make things weird and complicated. But I do like the sound of having someone to talk to im so confused!

hey let me know when u got that GRADE: D, Instead of A because you decided to spend more time with your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaRgEgIrL)
    we both do maths. teachers like us because we both got A's so always make a point of putting us together. I'm worried it will make things weird and complicated. But I do like the sound of having someone to talk to im so confused!
    i think if you both like eachother - then go for it - and it'll make it all easier to cope with - i know when i was getting all worked up on the night before the exam - when i called her it helped me relax so i was thinkin bout her and not obsessing over if i'd done enough revision - the stuff doesn't go away - it's all in your head if you've put in the work (for me anyway)

ReputationRep:
    you can have both,im sure everyone knows some who did. Just make sure to concentrate well on your studies plus at least you have someone to talk about about your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    i think if you both like eachother - then go for it - and it'll make it all easier to cope with - i know when i was getting all worked up on the night before the exam - when i called her it helped me relax so i was thinkin bout her and not obsessing over if i'd done enough revision - the stuff doesn't go away - it's all in your head if you've put in the work (for me anyway)
    yhh I've learnt from last year and he's not obsessive in any way and we both work really hard, and he's far too smart to let me affect his studies. I would just hate to fail and in the back of my mind be thinking if our relationship was the cause

You Sound almost exactly like a girl I want to ask out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey let me know when u got that GRADE: D, Instead of A because you decided to spend more time with your boyfriend.
    Thats my fear!!! argghhh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    you can have both,im sure everyone knows some who did. Just make sure to concentrate well on your studies plus at least you have someone to talk about about your exams

ReputationRep:
    Learn to be mature enough to handle both. Ignore the rejects who post as anon who are incapale of adapting to having someone else in their life

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Nice use of anon there.

Someone afraid of a wittle bit of neg? :rolleyes:

OP, if you think it'll affect your performance, and you really do like each other, then there'll be no harm in waiting until your exams are over.

He'll have exams too, mind, so it'll be in both of your best interests to not distract each other, regardless of whether or not you're officially together.

It will also be nice to have someone there to rely on when the exam stress starts getting to you.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure you can handle both ... if not decide which one you think is more important ...

ReputationRep:
    how the **** does a relationship affect your grades? can you not do a few hours of work a week or do you need to spend every second you're awake with or thinking about him? you failed because you suck not because of your last relation this is retarded.

ReputationRep:
    You don't want college and exams always on your mind. A boyfriend will be good to take your mind of other things. I take it your both doing exams so your both going to need to revise. If you think that being in a relationship is really going to effect your grades then maybe explain that this is a big year in your life and now isn't really the time for a relationship. At the end of the day, unless this guy is the guy of your dreams and planning to spend the rest of your life with, your grades are going to last a lot longer than him and if you fail to get into Uni then that will stick with you forever. Just do what you think is best not what other people think

ReputationRep:
    you're either going to have to forgo him ... or learn to balance. Either way, your grades are more important

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thing to say and not helpful at all. You not ever had a girlfriend/boyfriend huh? I would say go for it, i think you could help each other a great deal. If you are both going through the same thing you will both understand that sometimes you might have to cut back on seeing each other. Also you can study together for maths etc and have someone to talk too if the pressure gets too much. Annnnd you can take each others mind off things when its time to relax.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.