Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone applying for BSc (hons) Dental Hygiene and Therapy?
    If yes then which unis are you applying to and when are you planning to submit your UCAS application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliyah123)
    Hi, is anyone applying for BSc (hons) Dental Hygiene and Therapy?
    If yes then which unis are you applying to and when are you planning to submit your UCAS application?
    I was thinking about hygiene and therapy as a 5th option for dentistry but I changed my mind. Apparently Liverpool is supposed to be very good.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Ive applied to Birmingham, Portsmouth, Manchester and Liverpool and used my fifth choice to apply for Biomedical Materials Science at Birmingham.
    I submitted my ucas last Friday and now just waiting to hear back.

ReputationRep:
    hey i have! i sent my ucas of last week. I've applied for bham, liverpool, manchester, portsmouth and cardiff - combined diploma. let me know if anyone hears back please =) oh n what are your predicted grades? x

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied to Birmingham, Portsmouth, Manchester and Liverpool
    Same here Im going to apply to those unis aswell I'd really like to go Portsmouth or Birmingham

oh n what are your predicted grades? x
    ABC and yours?

ReputationRep:
    yh there my top two aswel! lol. its so competitive tho. ive got AAB unless my biology teacher decides 2 b an ar*e cos he doesnt lyk me, n predict me c in bio. i was 3 marks of B last yr bt im redoin a paper so surely it wud mke sence for him 2 predict me a b ryt? but hes lyk a2s r harder! :| thatl mean i mess up bham cos they want b =( what alevels r u tkin? x

ReputationRep:
    unless my biology teacher decides 2 b an ar*e cos he doesnt lyk me, n predict me c in bio
    omg I literally begged my bio teacher on my knees to predict me a B because im also resitting last years modules but he didn't so im stuck with a C prediction in bio.The chances of me getting Birmingham offer are so low
    what alevels r u tkin? x
    Biology, Psychology and English language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliyah123)
    omg I literally begged my bio teacher on my knees to predict me a B because im also resitting last years modules but he didn't so im stuck with a C prediction in bio.The chances of me getting Birmingham offer are so low

Biology, Psychology and English language

aww good luck (Y) I got predicted an B thankgod, i went 2 him 2day and said hes finished my reference =D
    i duno if i want 2 go bham tho, ppl there are really religious i heard? :/ bt its top for hygiene and therapy n closest to home (which my parents want) lol :|

have u completed all of ucas?

I do maths, biology and ICT did chem at AS n gt C =/
    did u do chem at AS? cos bham want that as a preference at A2, bt i gues avin jst an AS will be beneficial aswel right? x

ReputationRep:
    I've just started on the BSc course at Manchester and may I say... It's amazing! We were de-calcifying teeth today whereas the BDS students have only started setting up chairs...

I applied for BDS but missed out on the Chemistry RAWR.. lol..

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham or Manchester is where i ideally want to go.
    Im currently having a gap year. I got BBB in A level biology, psychology and business studies a C in Chemistry and a C at as Physics.
    They are not the best results i know but i am just terrible at exams.
    Portsmouth sent me an email saying that they have received my ucas has anyone else got one?

ReputationRep:
    sounds gd
    ive sent my ucas off but i havent heard from anyone yet. i dunno if my school av sent it actualli with the references.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone applying with a NVQ dental nurse qualification alongside an Alevel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuti33)
    is anyone applying with a NVQ dental nurse qualification alongside an Alevel?
    I'm applying with a national cert in dental nursing and i'm currently doing a biology a level. This is my second year of applying, I had no luck last year

xxx

ReputationRep:
    hii, does anyone know when the interviews are? and when we should be getting offers? because i havnt got any yet im applying to birmingham postsmouth barts and cardiff for dental hygiene and therapy and portsmouth for dental nursing x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helena3214)
    hii, does anyone know when the interviews are? and when we should be getting offers? because i havnt got any yet im applying to birmingham postsmouth barts and cardiff for dental hygiene and therapy and portsmouth for dental nursing x

The deadline for applications is January and you have to be interviewed before they can offer you a place. You should hear if you got an interview or not in February.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helena3214)
    I got a letter yesterday from Portsmouth saying that selection for an interview will take place in feb and interviews will start in march, so we have a while yet x

ReputationRep:
    thankss, hope you both get interviews !! xx

ReputationRep:
    hey.. I have applied to liverp.. and ports.. i am studing \btec 18 units in applied science.. with predicted grades DDM.. does anyone knows if i have a changes?

ReputationRep:
    lol i mesn do i have any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milad007)
    hey.. I have applied to liverp.. and ports.. i am studing \btec 18 units in applied science.. with predicted grades DDM.. does anyone knows if i have a changes?
    Are you a qualified dental nurse and/or have a levels? I tried to get in with a foundation degree in health and social care last year but it wasn't enough. All the uni's can afford to be picky!
    x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2011

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.