The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2010 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
how was ur interview dental??
Reply 262
RJH090384
how was ur interview dental??

It went okay.. It was a good day but they interview like 80 people for not many places apparently so i dont know if they liked me enough :frown:
Theres no practical by the way either :smile:
Dental24
It went okay.. It was a good day but they interview like 80 people for not many places apparently so i dont know if they liked me enough :frown:
Theres no practical by the way either :smile:

no practical? did they say why??? can u tell me what time u were finished by? i have af light to catch home and want t omake sure i not missing anything? did they say when they would let you know? and did they ask any dental orientated questions or anything that threw you?

sorry to bombard with questions. good luck
Reply 264
Ì have an interview at Liverpool next Wednesday! (March 10th).
What sort of questions do they ask? Should I bring some drawings to show my manual dexterity?
dental 24 thanks for the email it wont let me email u back! thanks very much for the info!!! 31st march is my interview day! cant wait!! the letter i got is for therapy but its so random u would think they would interveiw for both!!
Reply 266
dental92
oh dear =s

whens your portsmouth interview?

Hey sorry about the late reply, I had my interview few days ago. I think it was okay but theres too much competition :frown: I really hope to get an offer from them. They said they are going to take about three weeks until they tell us the decisions.
Reply 267
What did you all wear to your interviews? Is a suit the norm or is it too formal? I'm a girl.
deoends on ur personality - i wouldnt wear a suit because i think how uncomfortable i was would show in my interview - i am going towear black trousers - flat shoes (would fall over in heels) and some kind of cardigan shirt combo!
hey guys just wondering if anyones going to the birmingham taster day tomorrow? :smile: and what you're gonna wear and what were gonna be doing ? (:
RJH090384
deoends on ur personality - i wouldnt wear a suit because i think how uncomfortable i was would show in my interview - i am going towear black trousers - flat shoes (would fall over in heels) and some kind of cardigan shirt combo!

I agree with you! :yes:
I wore a fitted skirt, shirt, black jumper and flat black shoes.
Reply 271
lauren1010
hey guys just wondering if anyones going to the birmingham taster day tomorrow? :smile: and what you're gonna wear and what were gonna be doing ? (:

Hiya lauren im going to the taster day tomorrow too, im wearin a black skirt with flats and i dont know about the top yet but just something casual. How about you? im not sure what were going to be doing but im looking forward to it :smile:. cu tomorrow =D
*RUBY*
Hiya lauren im going to the taster day tomorrow too, im wearin a black skirt with flats and i dont know about the top yet but just something casual. How about you? im not sure what were going to be doing but im looking forward to it :smile:. cu tomorrow =D

ahh yeah im thinking that i might wear a black dress with a cardi and tights :smile: i heard we might be doing some lab work and maybe a lecture will be nice to see the dental school abit more didnt really get a chance last time! yeah will see you tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 273
RJH090384
dental 24 thanks for the email it wont let me email u back! thanks very much for the info!!! 31st march is my interview day! cant wait!! the letter i got is for therapy but its so random u would think they would interveiw for both!!

So you have applied for both courses havent you Dental Hygiene as one choice and Dental Hygiene and Therapy as another? Be prepared if you have they will ask you to choose between the two. You shouldnt have to wait long for a decision then seeing as your on the last day.. Id have preferred that to having my interview early!
Reply 274
Has anyone heard from QMUL yet???
x
Reply 275
As in Barts and the Royal London? I heard they are going through applications now, they had some problems with admin i think.
Reply 276
i-like-teef!
has anyone else applied to barts or kings?

Hi 'i-like-teef!' Im a dental nurse too, just qualified about 72hours ago :smile: (with dip from Barts, just got National to go in May).

I have applied to Barts and Eastman/UCL, but have only heard from Eastman (interview on friday yikes!)

I heard via the grape vine the applications are being sorted out now for barts as they ha some admin issues, so should be anytime now for letters in the post...

Where are you working now, and where is your first choice for HT? i have heard UCL are uber strict, but very good course, but Barts are so friendly :smile: Good luck with your applications :wink:
Reply 277
Aliyah123
To be honest I didnt think of any back up ideas when applying to this course, I thought I'd get a place somewhere :frown: If I do get rejected by Liverpool and Portsmouth I will probably take a gap year and do some more work experience in different Dental environments and then reaply for 2011 entry. Alternatively I could apply for a dental nursing course through UCAS extra (if thats available) complete the course and then reaply for DH&T.

I have a strong feeling that Liverpool will be a rejection :frown: so I just hope my Portsmouth interview goes well next week...so worried:frown:

Hiya, have you had your interviews yet? If so hope it was all good.
You mentioned maybe doing dental nursing first if things go pear shaped. i have just done the dental nursing course at Barts ( Kings do one too) thats PAID... yup, paid! 12months, either march or sept start, and you do hospital diploma and/or national cert. i loved it, really sad to finish :frown: Learnt heaps and seen so much cool stuff working in hospital, its well worth it :smile: but good luck with your HT apps :smile:
Reply 278
i have an interview in late march for the dental hygiene and therapy course at cardiff. i'm not so nervous about the panel interview, but does anyone know what kind of lab work they will ask us to undertake?
Dental24
So you have applied for both courses havent you Dental Hygiene as one choice and Dental Hygiene and Therapy as another? Be prepared if you have they will ask you to choose between the two. You shouldnt have to wait long for a decision then seeing as your on the last day.. Id have preferred that to having my interview early!

yeah i chose both but was only offered interview for therapy.

just received rejection from liverpool for diploma :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest