Turn on thread page Beta

Pls post as anon/delete

Basically I like this guy a lot, i liked him last year as well but nothing really came much of it like we spoke a couple of times when we both saw each other but that was it! he seemed more interested in me then as well, now we are both back at uni and he seems to have lost interest in me like I see him staring a bit but then he just walks on as if I don't exist! He did smile at me once but I just turned away as I just didn't know what to do.

Everytime I see him, those feelings come back like I get butterflies in my stomach and that...

BUT I need to get over him as I know his type (leads girls on) and I know that nothing will ever come of it!

I normally get over guys by not seeing them but he seems to be everywhere as he is in my lectures so what do I do?

Please help!!! I just want to forget about him!!!

BUMP!!! any advice would do but I don't want to get over him by getting with another guy cos it would be a meaningless fling. Also I just don't want to be in a relationship with someone else cos I would only think of him

ReputationRep:
    why dont you go up and speak to him? atleast give it a try..?

(Original post by TwirlGirl)
    why dont you go up and speak to him? atleast give it a try..?
    But last time I spoke to him, it was awkard I said something stupid and he was just smiling but wasn't looking at me . I don't know I know it going to be a bit silly cos when I usually see him I just blank him and pretend I am busy and he knows that I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Pls post as anon/delete

Basically I like this guy a lot, i liked him last year as well but nothing really came much of it like we spoke a couple of times when we both saw each other but that was it! he seemed more interested in me then as well, now we are both back at uni and he seems to have lost interest in me like I see him staring a bit but then he just walks on as if I don't exist! He did smile at me once but I just turned away as I just didn't know what to do.

Everytime I see him, those feelings come back like I get butterflies in my stomach and that...

BUT I need to get over him as I know his type (leads girls on) and I know that nothing will ever come of it!

I normally get over guys by not seeing them but he seems to be everywhere as he is in my lectures so what do I do?

Please help!!! I just want to forget about him!!!
    Hi!

I know exactly how you feel (I've recently been in a similar situation ) and I think it's important for you to get some closure in this matter. I think you should talk to him about this - either he isn't interested anymore or he is but doesn't want to show his feelings as he isn't sure if you still like him, but you'll never know unless you make an attempt to find out. It will probably hurt if he doesn't return your feelings, but then you'll know that there's no hope that you'll end up together and then you'll be able to move on faster... This is of course easier said than done, but I wish you the best of luck.

I hope everything works out for you. PM me if you want to talk more

(Original post by Failure By Design)
    Hi!

I know exactly how you feel (I've recently been in a similar situation ) and I think it's important for you to get some closure in this matter. I think you should talk to him about this - either he isn't interested anymore or he is but doesn't want to show his feelings as he isn't sure if you still like him, but you'll never know unless you make an attempt to find out. It will probably hurt if he doesn't return your feelings, but then you'll know that there's no hope that you'll end up together and then you'll be able to move on faster... This is of course easier said than done, but I wish you the best of luck.

I hope everything works out for you. PM me if you want to talk more
    Okay thanks but what shall I say to him? Shall I just ask how his doing and that .... tbh I think I should forget about him because he does seem like a bit of a poser and up himself. The hard thing is to actually forget about him!!!! Most of my mates see him as a player and said that I am wasting my time, sometimes I think I am and I should just focus on my work.

I'm just so confused!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Remember all the bad stuff he did, works like a charm.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he could like you too still. Go and talk to him already, don't worry about saying something stupid because he is probably thinking more about what he is going to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay thanks but what shall I say to him? Shall I just ask how his doing and that .... tbh I think I should forget about him because he does seem like a bit of a poser and up himself. The hard thing is to actually forget about him!!!! Most of my mates see him as a player and said that I am wasting my time, sometimes I think I am and I should just focus on my work.

I'm just so confused!!!!
    Hmmm... Difficult to say really as you think he's up himself and a poser, but I don't think you'd lose anything by asking him how he's doing and casually trying to start a conversation (I mean, you're not exactly pouring your heart out and confessing your feelings, you're just trying to get a feel for the situation- and if you notice that he's arrogant then you'll know you're just wasting your time).

I understand that your friends don't want you to get hurt and are trying to help you (and maybe they don't understand how much this is affecting you and think that you'll be able to move on easily), but the most important thing for you is to trust your instincts and act on them (this is about you and him, and you shouldn't care so much about what your friends think - the only thing that really matters is what you think of yourself) . Ultimately, I think it's better to regret things you have done than things you haven't.

I don't think you'll be able to get him "out of your system" (if you get what I mean ) unless you know how he feels about you or you know more about his personality (if he turns out to be a *******, you'll know he isn't worth the effort). It's really hard to move on without closure, but it's possible. Think about this some more.

Hope this helped!

(Original post by Failure By Design)
    Hmmm... Difficult to say really as you think he's up himself and a poser, but I don't think you'd lose anything by asking him how he's doing and casually trying to start a conversation (I mean, you're not exactly pouring your heart out and confessing your feelings, you're just trying to get a feel for the situation- and if you notice that he's arrogant then you'll know you're just wasting your time).

I understand that your friends don't want you to get hurt and are trying to help you (and maybe they don't understand how much this is affecting you and think that you'll be able to move on easily), but the most important thing for you is to trust your instincts and act on them (this is about you and him, and you shouldn't care so much about what your friends think - the only thing that really matters is what you think of yourself) . Ultimately, I think it's better to regret things you have done than things you haven't.

I don't think you'll be able to get him "out of your system" (if you get what I mean ) unless you know how he feels about you or you know more about his personality (if he turns out to be a *******, you'll know he isn't worth the effort). It's really hard to move on without closure, but it's possible. Think about this some more.

Hope this helped!
    yeh thats helped a bit. I think I am just going to go up to him and just strike a casual conversation cos last time I chatted to him he seemed friendly but I couldn't tell whether he liked me or not lol. Like he did stand opposite me at times and look in my direction at times and smiled everytime he chatted to me, but it could just mean that he wanted to be friends. He does hang out with a couple of girls as well, and I know he is a bit flirty with a few girls he knows but he just doesn't flirt with girls in front of me...like he would just be a bit quiet and that...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.