ipod not syncing properly Watch

master roflcopter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Okay, so I just tried to sync my ipod, i've done it a thousand times before and its worked fine, but this time it didn't sync properly. itunes didnt recognise any music on the ipod, though there was about 15 gb on it, and so started copying it again. However, when it had finished, i looked at the space used and it now has 15gb of music and 15gb in the 'other' category, so it seems as though my music is on there twice? Not sure what happened, but i can't find out how to correct it without completely restoring the ipod, which i'd rather not do. Is there any other way of getting rid of the 'other' category?
FunLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe you could reset it as opposed to restoring..
You flick the 'Hold' switch 3 times and then hold and press together the 'Menu' and 'Select' button until an Apple icon appears
master roflcopter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that
nadnerb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Looks like the music database on the iPod got corrupted.
The best thing to do is restore it in iTunes and then copy everything over again.
This should free up the "other"
Mann18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Theres like a button under your ipod section in itunes when you sync it saying something like "restore to original condition" click that then re-sync your music back on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed