Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to one of the assessment for one of the debenhams xmas job...i was wondering what sort of questions do they ask you...& what do you have to do?

ReputationRep:
    I'd just direct you to the search function but im feeling nice

they like to see how you work and interact in groups, in my assesment I had to find out 10 facts about the person next to me so try to sit to someone who looks interesting (the guy next to me told me that his Mum diyed when he was young for an interesting fact :|). Then I had to sell them a shirt and had a one on one interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    I'd just direct you to the search function but im feeling nice

they like to see how you work and interact in groups, in my assesment I had to find out 10 facts about the person next to me so try to sit to someone who looks interesting (the guy next to me told me that his Mum diyed when he was young for an interesting fact :|). Then I had to sell them a shirt and had a one on one interview.
    Awww...thankyou

By the way...anytips on what i should wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XPwincessX)
    Awww...thankyou

By the way...anytips on what i should wear?
    When I went everyone was wearing suits for the boys and formal wear for girls
    Good luck - I loved working at debenhams

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to one of the assessment for one of the debenhams xmas job...i was wondering what sort of questions do they ask you...& what do you have to do?
    I had an assessment thing a couple of weeks ago. There were five of us in the group, we each had to write down 2 things about us, one true and one false. We then had to read them out and others had to guess which was the true one.

Then were given a little scenario and had 10 minutes to decide how we'd deal with it and then had to report back to the group. It's pretty easy, just something like "a customer ordered a jacket for a wedding 3 weeks ago and were told it would be delivered within 2 weeks. It still hasn't arrived and the wedding is in 3 days. The customer is very angry. What would you do?"

Then a brief one on one interview. It was all pretty straight forward and easy.

ReputationRep:
    Has EVERYONE else had group interviews for Debenhams? I had a one-to-one on Friday, and on her schedule it had single names written down for each interview slot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoralMonster)
    Does anyone know what the pay is like at debenhams for those under 18?
    £4.83 plus you get 15% discount as soon as you start

ReputationRep:
    I started at a xmas temp yesturday, it was really fun!
    I applied and it took two days for them to reply where i then had a phone interview and then a one to one interview the week after, really quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeeano)
    i applied but no reply yet :/
    For the qualifications down did you put down all your gcse's and grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I recently got a job as a xmas temp in Debenhams working 20hours a week starting the 9th November and I can say that I am landed

However I was just wondering what the pay is like for over 18 year olds and whether or not they are flexible with regards to what hours I work, for instance if I have college on a wedensday afternoon for 2 hours will it be ok to work that 2 hours at another point in the week?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    When I went everyone was wearing suits for the boys and formal wear for girls
    Good luck - I loved working at debenhams
    Thankyou...but isn't a suit abit over the top :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou...but isn't a suit abit over the top :confused:
    maybe skip the suit jacket but dress to impress...I wore a suit jacket and they offered me a place

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many hours it is for the full time posistion and how soon after the interview did you start working?

ReputationRep:
    Eeek, I'm applying for a part time Christmas temp position at Debenhams, but the potential prospect of a phone interview really worries me.. I absolutely dread having to talk to someone I don't know on the phone! Strange I know, but I would have no problem with an interview in person. I just wouldn't want to be judged by how I respond over the phone, because I tend to just stammer and get my words muddled up, eurgh.

Are phone interviews pretty much the norm for Debenhams then?

ReputationRep:
    i dont like the thought of a group thing! i have mine on thursday eeeek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Eeek, I'm applying for a part time Christmas temp position at Debenhams, but the potential prospect of a phone interview really worries me.. I absolutely dread having to talk to someone I don't know on the phone! Strange I know, but I would have no problem with an interview in person. I just wouldn't want to be judged by how I respond over the phone, because I tend to just stammer and get my words muddled up, eurgh.

Are phone interviews pretty much the norm for Debenhams then?
    dont worry its a fairly easy interview:

why do you want to work at debenhams?
    give an example of good customer service
    do you have any relevant experience?
    what qualities can you bring?

was what i got asked, just do some prep! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sokissme18)
    dont worry its a fairly easy interview:

why do you want to work at debenhams?
    give an example of good customer service
    do you have any relevant experience?
    what qualities can you bring?

was what i got asked, just do some prep! x
    Ah ok, nothing too challenging then! That's good to know, thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey the people who had interview on 15th you from Coventry>? , i am from Coventry ,i had my interview got the job some people started already but i start on 9th november why is that? , also if i work hard enough do i have good chance of staying on after xmas?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have my induction for an xmas temp job at debenhams tomorrow, I was just wondering if you had any advice on what to wear? I'd rather not make a bad first impression lol!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys just wanted to know if anyone knew what the pay is for Xmas tempory saff im 16 , also do we get discount if so how much ?
    x

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.