The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
Paul17
How much longer do we have to wait?

I have to wait no longer!! I got a conditional offer for january 2011!!!:smile:
I applied through UCAS extra 11 days ago, is it too early to call the uni about my application?
amber_herb
I applied through UCAS extra 11 days ago, is it too early to call the uni about my application?

I would say so - I would probably ring after 3 weeks or so, because at that point you can apply elsewhere if you still haven't heard.
Guys, I am getting really worried. I applied to do Dentistry and got an interview at manchester, but haven't heard back from them yet!
I don't have any other offers, I've tried emailing them but they haven't replied!

If they don't give me an offer...I don't have anything else :frown:
student1808
Guys, I am getting really worried. I applied to do Dentistry and got an interview at manchester, but haven't heard back from them yet!
I don't have any other offers, I've tried emailing them but they haven't replied!

If they don't give me an offer...I don't have anything else :frown:

Don't worry the deadline is 7th of May so you have a couple of days to go! have you tried calling them?
Reply 2965
Hey people!
Dunno if this might be a bit off topic but i gotta have an answer to this question what so ever..:P
I applied to three very popular courses and got rejected from all three of them, i was therefore wondering if i could apply to leftover slots at other schools/courses? I really wanna go to uni this year so this is basically my last chance...
I would appreciate any kinda answer!!!

Cheers
Reply 2966
ZigguZ
Hey people!
Dunno if this might be a bit off topic but i gotta have an answer to this question what so ever..:P
I applied to three very popular courses and got rejected from all three of them, i was therefore wondering if i could apply to leftover slots at other schools/courses? I really wanna go to uni this year so this is basically my last chance...
I would appreciate any kinda answer!!!

Cheers

Yeah, try looking on UCAS Extra or wait until results day for clearing (not usually the best courses here though).
Reply 2967
thanx you olive*.
Do you by any chance know when this results day might be? I dont really care what im studying cus im gona apply to the courses im interested in next term anyway, just want an occupation til then. =)
Cheers
Come on then! Who is STILL waiting!!?!!?!? :mad: :mad:
Reply 2969
ZigguZ
thanx you olive*.
Do you by any chance know when this results day might be? I dont really care what im studying cus im gona apply to the courses im interested in next term anyway, just want an occupation til then. =)
Cheers

19th August :smile: you should look on UCAS Extra though.
Reply 2970
amber_herb

I applied through UCAS Extra 8 weeks ago, still no reply, but I was told to send in some proof of documents a week and a half ago so yh I should be hearing some time this week maybe, i've been saying that for like 5 weeks now. :frown:

By the way, do all unis have to reply by 7th May for UCAS Extra courses as well ?
jj11
By the way, do all unis have to reply by 7th May for UCAS Extra courses as well ?
Clearly not, since that deadline applies only to applications made before 22 January. You can apply through Extra until the end of June.
Reply 2972
Also applied under extra and this is the 8th week too :frown:
Reply 2973
I dont know what to do!!!!

ok I applied on the 22 DECEMBER!!!!!
i have 3 rejections and 2 unis am still haven't heard back from
both of them asked for my portfolio
I sent them it
I called to ask and tell them that deadline for me accepting any offer is 7th MAY...
they said it will take two weeks for them to look through my portfolio!
in 7th of May is in 2 days....
erm Help
detelina

I sent them it
I called to ask and tell them that deadline for me accepting any offer is 7th MAY...
erm Help

I'm kind of in the same situation... MMU wanted me to send info on a course I did, weeks ago; now that only takes 2 minutes to look at the results and I'm still waiting! :mad:

If you've rung them I don't have any suggestions for you :frown:

Why do you have to make your decisions by 7th may?!?!
detelina

I sent them it
erm Help

Where does it say the deadline for you to accept an offer is 7th May? As far as I'm aware, that's the date by which unis have to have made a decision if you applied by the January deadline. If you're still waiting for a place, the deadline for you to make a decision is usually extended to early June... it should say so when you log into Track, but it might be worth ringing up UCAS just to check. You don't have to make a decision by May if you haven't heard from all your unis yet... that's only if they all replied to you before 31st March. If you're still waiting, the deadline is extended to June.

What I'm confused about, though, is that universities have to reply by 7th May if you applied by the January deadline (which you did), otherwise the choice will be cancelled on their behalf by UCAS. But, since they have said they'll take 2 weeks, I'm not sure how they're going to do that. So yeah, definitely ring up UCAS explaining your situation, and they'd might get you to ring the department again. I would also tell your higher education adviser if you have one at college or teacher what's going on, so they can offer more help and advice.
Reply 2976
I happily make my exit from this thread as I've gotten an unconditional offer from UAL. To all those still in extra - good luck!
I havent heard anything for 1 month and a half. im getting worried, only my backup has replied.
It took ages for my offers to come through. I only got my last one a few weeks ago, so I wouldn't worry at all. They all have to respond, so it's just a matter of time.
anyone doing Chemistry/science (foundation) at mmu?

Latest

Trending

Trending