The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
On average how long does it take for uni's to reply?
I sent my application off on the 2/12/09
and got my welcome letter on the 4/12/09
Ive applied to;
Portsmouth
Lincoln
Sheffield Hallam
Bath Spa
Worcester!
Oh well, I have the same problem. I have this message since friday and still I can't log in to track -.-
Should I wait for my welcome letter?

Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.
Coppy
On average how long does it take for uni's to reply?
I sent my application off on the 2/12/09
and got my welcome letter on the 4/12/09
Ive applied to;
Portsmouth
Lincoln
Sheffield Hallam
Bath Spa
Worcester!

Lincoln were super speedy in my case, My app was processed by ucas on the 2nd, got an acknowledgement from Lincoln yesterday morning and then an offer at 5pm last night!

*Sigh* also, could someone please give me the strength to leave my emails and track alone! Wahhh.
I sent off mine on the 15Oct, its already like 2 months but I have just got 2 offers ONLY!
I got an emal from UWE with the portal password thing and that. Do I take it this is an acknowledgement?
jimbles
I got an emal from UWE with the portal password thing and that. Do I take it this is an acknowledgement?

yep, lets you check on your app's status.
bemusedcapybara
yep, lets you check on your app's status.

cheers for that! I can also get into Nottingham's portal, despite no email. Should I take this as an acknowledgement too? :smile:
jimbles
cheers for that! I can also get into Nottingham's portal, despite no email. Should I take this as an acknowledgement too? :smile:

Yep.

It's pretty pointless though.
milliondollarcorpse
Yep.

It's pretty pointless though.

What is? And congrats on your offers you have already. Favourites? :smile:
jimbles
What is? And congrats on your offers you have already. Favourites? :smile:

The Nottingham applicant portal, I really don't understand the purpose of it!

And thanks :smile: Out of the three I have? Nottingham's probably my favorite. I'm hoping I'll get an offer from Warwick and that'll probably be my firm, and I'm presuming a rejection from Bristol :p:

Good luck with your application :yes:
milliondollarcorpse
The Nottingham applicant portal, I really don't understand the purpose of it!

And thanks :smile: Out of the three I have? Nottingham's probably my favorite. I'm hoping I'll get an offer from Warwick and that'll probably be my firm, and I'm presuming a rejection from Bristol :p:

Good luck with your application :yes:

Well my two acknowledgements have been from my two favourite unis. But knowing my luck, I won't get them! I'll require an interview for Nottingham though. But for UWE they don't do one, so if they DO, and that's a big IF too, offer me a place, I'll just cancel my application elsewhere mostly and just see what happens with Nottingham as that's my firm favourite :smile:

Hope you get Warwick!
shiningmer

Yeah, it's true...
I'm still very undecided. I really hope I get Nottingham. They sent an e-mail to my referee today asking what she thought would be my predicted grade (because she hadn't provided one when I applied) and she told them I'd probably have 16.5 or above (ideal would be 17/18 out of 20). I really hope they offer me a place, even if the predicted grade is slightly below what they want.

I think the whole predicting grades thingy is rather vague anyways, at least for froeign applicants. It's really difficult to predict German Abitur grades, so my teacher basically just asked me "What do you wanna get?" and I told him and he said that was fine because he thinks I can do that.. :o: :rolleyes:
I think Unis know about this, especially with foreign applicants (I'm not too sure about Sheffield though as their International offers seem to be very high - higher than the English ones) so they are just looking for a tendency. You that all the courses I got offers from ask for AAB from English applicants and gave me very different conditions though... :rolleyes: So I'd say if your grdes are similar to what they want you do stand a chance. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for your Nottingham reply!!!

The longer I'm waiting the more I realize that Durham and Nottingham are actually my top choices.... :frown: (And of course those are the two I haven't heard from... :wink:). I know I'm really not in the position complain because I already have three offers, and Sheffield was my favourite for a long time, I realize I really want these offers, at least Durham (I fell in love with that course!!!! :rolleyes: ), since Notts is very unlikely. Plus I got a letter form Notts today saying that they won't even be looking at applications for my course until the deadline... argh! :frown:

Or just to put all of the about paragraph into one sentence: Waiting is driving me crazy...! :rolleyes: :eek3:
sweetgyal24
guys! my ucas application got sent on fridayy!! :O did anyone else's get sent then??
about time though! can't wait for the offers now, most of my friends have already got them! I've applied for law, will that make a difference of how quick the offers come? hope it don't take toooo longggg, any ideas, comments?:biggrin:x

yes my application was sent on 4th which was Friday lol and the wait for offers is intensely insane lol
Melting Sugar.
When did it first start saying that?

Mine changed to that on Friday, and I could log into track from yesterday afternoon.

I haven't had my Weclome Pack yet.

It started to say that last Thursday, when my school sent off my application.

Does yours not say that anymore? Do they tell you when you can track? How did you get your personal ID? Sorry for all the questions.. just quite confusing this UCAS application!!
:s-smilie: x
Just got rejected from Warwick :frown:
Very disappointed.
Does anybody know how I can contact them to ask why they rejected me?
cremeallure38
It started to say that last Thursday, when my school sent off my application.

Does yours not say that anymore? Do they tell you when you can track? How did you get your personal ID? Sorry for all the questions.. just quite confusing this UCAS application!!
:s-smilie: x

Mine still says it, I haven't had any emails from them.

But I used my personal ID that you can see when you log into "apply" and it says "your personal ID is.." on the first page. And then used my username and password that I used for apply.

If that still doesn't work, your personal ID may have changed.
AntiMonarchist
Just got rejected from Warwick :frown:
Very disappointed.
Does anybody know how I can contact them to ask why they rejected me?

aw im sorry :frown: maybe you should call the admissions office to see if it's possible. then they can tell you instructions and all that. what course did you get rejected for?
Melting Sugar.
Mine still says it, I haven't had any emails from them.

But I used my personal ID that you can see when you log into "apply" and it says "your personal ID is.." on the first page. And then used my username and password that I used for apply.

If that still doesn't work, your personal ID may have changed.

Yeah, the first time i tried my personal id it didnt work for me, but just tried it again and it does :smile: Thanks! x:smile:
Hey
Is track more likely to update on a certain day - my friend last year said that london uni's are more likely to update their applications on a friday? :confused:

Anybody got an ideas as to whether this is a coincidence, or whether there's a def. pattern?

Cheers :smile:

PS my uni choices are below :P:
Its at the Uni's discretion I'm afraid.

Sit tight and wait it out :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending