The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hmm im wondering, if unis are like breaking up for xmas, will there be like no offers until they go back in january ??
cassandraleighanne
hmm im wondering, if unis are like breaking up for xmas, will there be like no offers until they go back in january ??

I want to know this too! After which date do we stop expecting replies until after Christmas, Friday the 18th Dec? Anyone know?
clementinek
I want to know this too! After which date do we stop expecting replies until after Christmas, Friday the 18th Dec? Anyone know?

I don't know about all unis, but Aberdeen told me you will not be able to have any contact with them between 24th december and 5th january
Its been almost 5 weeks (wednesday) since I sent my application and yet still no reply from UCL, this really bothers me as they are one of my top choices for computer science. Would calling them up be a bad idea!!
Reply 1244
Dibs_anim
Its been almost 5 weeks (wednesday) since I sent my application and yet still no reply from UCL, this really bothers me as they are one of my top choices for computer science. Would calling them up be a bad idea!!

Don't ring them, it'll drive you mad if they don't reply for another 3 weeks and you think you hinered your chance.
fridaystan
I don't know about all unis, but Aberdeen told me you will not be able to have any contact with them between 24th december and 5th january

Oh I see. I would guess that other unis will follow something along those lines too. Thank you for that :smile:
:poke: university(aka st.a's, UCL, durham, bristol and exeter)! at least one of you you must send me an offer before christmas! :stomp: bad bad bad university! :spank: ......christmas will just be depressing without it... :puppyeyes: pleeease? preeety please with FIVE cherries on top? :please: it's been 18 days and nothing but a request for an essay from ucl :teeth: dying over here.......! :coma: :ashamed:
grr...

waiting for two weeks :frown:

If they are going to reject me, can they do it now. At least then I can apply for Tesco for the new year.
Reply 1248
Just realised the reason I've been getting headaches and feeling ill lately is that I need replies..it's literally driving me crazy!

It's been a bit over the 2 week limit but I want to change my last couple of choices..it's ridiculously annoying when course details are unclear and then you find a course you could have added to your UCAS and actually seems really amazing rather than having dug up random filler ones on the Course Search page! Even more reason from wanting to hear from my top two choices.

UAL and UCA: please get back to me so I can have a relaxing Christmas. Thanks.
Reply 1249
:frown: My UCAS was processed two weeks ago. I already have acknowledgement letters from UEA, Warwick, Manchester, and QMUL, and I haven't heard from Goldsmiths - should I be worried o.o
Reply 1250
pippit
:frown: My UCAS was processed two weeks ago. I already have acknowledgement letters from UEA, Warwick, Manchester, and QMUL, and I haven't heard from Goldsmiths - should I be worried o.o

I've heard Goldsmiths don't send acknowledgements, don't worry! :smile:
Reply 1251
racoon97
I've heard Goldsmiths don't send acknowledgements, don't worry! :smile:

Ahh thanks! Just got rather worried because I heard from my other four. :O It's awesome you're doing psychology as well :smile:
Reply 1252
pippit
Ahh thanks! Just got rather worried because I heard from my other four. :O It's awesome you're doing psychology as well :smile:

don't worry, some Uni's don't send them :smile:

I know! I was going to apply to Goldsmiths, before they put their requirements up to ABB, but they are still accepting people with lower grades :smile:
Reply 1253
racoon97
don't worry, some Uni's don't send them :smile:

I know! I was going to apply to Goldsmiths, before they put their requirements up to ABB, but they are still accepting people with lower grades :smile:

Ahh. Thanks for the reassurance. :smile:

:O I'm applying to them for an integrated degree (one with a foundation year) as a back up; because I don't like the other uni's. And I'm only being predicted a ABB. And I needed a insurance uni. It was going to be UEA but I got rejected because of my GCSEs even though I met their Alevel requirements - and I heard they accepted some people even though they had crap GCSEs... so that didn't make me feel good at all, considering they were the first uni i heard from. Ah wells.
Yeah - I heard Goldsmiths will accept you even with B's/C's?
Reply 1254
pippit
Ahh. Thanks for the reassurance. :smile:

:O I'm applying to them for an integrated degree (one with a foundation year) as a back up; because I don't like the other uni's. And I'm only being predicted a ABB. And I needed a insurance uni. It was going to be UEA but I got rejected because of my GCSEs even though I met their Alevel requirements - and I heard they accepted some people even though they had crap GCSEs... so that didn't make me feel good at all, considering they were the first uni i heard from. Ah wells.
Yeah - I heard Goldsmiths will accept you even with B's/C's?

Yeah I think they will.
I have one offer but waiting for even an acknowledgment from my other 4 is driving me mad:eek3: . do all uni's send acknowledgments. Also I got a questionnaire today from bath spa. but already have an offer off them. does this effect my offer:confused: . Im also fed up:frown: still wating for the course tutor at lampeter to reply to my email about course modules.
it looks really nice thoug:rolleyes:
Reply 1256
hiddencat12
I have one offer but waiting for even an acknowledgment from my other 4 is driving me mad:eek3: . do all uni's send acknowledgments. Also I got a questionnaire today from bath spa. but already have an offer off them. does this effect my offer:confused: . Im also fed up:frown: still wating for the course tutor at lampeter to reply to my email about course modules.

Well done on the offer from bath spa! i'd love an offer from there
what course are you doing? :smile:
when did u apply im scared now but it doesnt mean all uni wiil reject u be positive

anyone applied for social work at coventry, cumbria . york. sussex. and chichester
Haa, I have an offer from Nottingham :P And I understood that only because I thought it was reasonable to check track at 4 a.m. :biggrin:
hiddencat12

Nope, not all unis send acknowledgments.

Arghhhh I've tried to be as patient as possible these last few weeks, but it's horrible to have not heard a thing at this pointttt

Latest

Trending

Trending