The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Cheers congratulations on your offers. That is a bit of a random course, I didn't actually know you could do clinical for undergrad. I can imagine how much of a bummer a cancellation email for business would be. Also, Tim Minchin is brilliant. I saw him at Edinburgh 2 years back in a quiet gig and he performed as if he was at the Royal Variety. Great performer

Exeter email: so very very pointless. I still don't understand wtf that scholarship entails?!? No money off and no entry?! It's just a sports team then, no?
Woo 3 uni emails in one day!

One is that Exeter Sports one. :|
One is Leicester have finally sent me details of the offer (BBB)
One from an email enquiry I sent to Edinburgh.
Tchantler
hehe ty verrry much, predicted grades for me are MMM and im on target to hit that so should have no problems with the conditions :biggrin:

Those are good grades :smile: You'll be hitting that target easily then! You really want to go to UClan though don't you?! Wow.. I'm nosey, haha!

Sorry :ninja:
kaaavya
Cheers congratulations on your offers. That is a bit of a random course, I didn't actually know you could do clinical for undergrad. I can imagine how much of a bummer a cancellation email for business would be. Also, Tim Minchin is brilliant. I saw him at Edinburgh 2 years back in a quiet gig and he performed as if he was at the Royal Variety. Great performer

Exeter email: so very very pointless. I still don't understand wtf that scholarship entails?!? No money off and no entry?! It's just a sports team then, no?

LOL, very random course, It's doing all the clinical tests for diagnosing and teating cardiac problems either congential or newly developed problems. :smile:

And +rep for Tim Minchin love, :yep:
He's my favourite guy! :biggrin:
tick.tock
Those are good grades :smile: You'll be hitting that target easily then! You really want to go to UClan though don't you?! Wow.. I'm nosey, haha!

Sorry :ninja:

hehe dont be srry :biggrin: your just...curious not nosey hehe :biggrin: yeh UCLan is my goal, but i think leeds will be my insurance choice at least, was just shocked to acually see an offer for once instead of nothing :biggrin: hope you get an offer real soon ^_^
SirMasterKey
Woo 3 uni emails in one day!

One is that Exeter Sports one. :|
One is Leicester have finally sent me details of the offer (BBB)
One from an email enquiry I sent to Edinburgh.

Congrats on the the offer details for Leicester! :smile:

P.s, sorry for triple post guys! :ninja: Tired, can't remember how to quote multiple people :rolleyes:
tick.tock
P.s, sorry for triple post guys! :ninja: Tired, can't remember how to quote multiple people :rolleyes:

Use the Quote tags and put =username in the first one.

e.g.
Tchantler
hehe dont be srry :biggrin: your just...curious not nosey hehe :biggrin: yeh UCLan is my goal, but i think leeds will be my insurance choice at least, was just shocked to acually see an offer for once instead of nothing :biggrin: hope you get an offer real soon ^_^

Thankyou! :biggrin:

Goodluck with that offer for UClan then! I heard they aren't giving out many offers until after the deadline, but that's not far off now! Wish you the best of luck, and I agree, I love Leeds as a city, both Uni's seem good too!

Ahh, one last check of my 'choices' for the night (dunno what i'm expecting! haha)

FieldLeftBlank
Really? That's just weird, I remember that when I checked out their website, every paragraph was just oozing with "we like mature students" attitude.
Anyway, good luck with the other unis :wink:

my tutor knows them well (its right across the road from my college)
she says they have this air of elitist with the psych deptment!! and no matter how much she trys to get them to budge thier requirements a bit to help the mature student they wont!! they demand a GCSE grade B min!!
Reply 1649
Isis Black
my tutor knows them well (its right across the road from my college)
she says they have this air of elitist with the psych deptment!! and no matter how much she trys to get them to budge thier requirements a bit to help the mature student they wont!! they demand a GCSE grade B min!!

Well, to be fair, It's a decent, if not excellent University for Psychology. They can't help it if they are oversubscirbed. I'm sure you'll find someone just as good - and more suited to you as a student.
tick.tock
I sent application 6th Dec.
Got confirmation from Swansea on something like 18th December.
Offer on Postcard 24th December.

And No track updates/emails/anything since :frown:

EDIT:: I'm gonna check again andddd.... Pfft. What Did i expect, Nothing! diddly squat. Zilch. :frown:

I knowww! :o: I personally find it even more annoying now I'm awaiting a reply (Durham application has been in college for a while), than I had absolutely no idea when to expect something. :rolleyes: Although it's really stupid. I shouldn't be that nervous , because I know it means I'm very likely to get an offer! Still... I log onto track knowing that I should be hearing something soon not just anytime and that makes it worse :frown:
Reply 1651
I applied last year, some Uni's took months. Seriously months. And after an interview I waited like another 6 weeks. So dont fret.
This waiting is killing me :frown:
la_mariposa
I knowww! :o: I personally find it even more annoying now I'm awaiting a reply (Durham application has been in college for a while), than I had absolutely no idea when to expect something. :rolleyes: Although it's really stupid. I shouldn't be that nervous , because I know it means I'm very likely to get an offer! Still... I log onto track knowing that I should be hearing something soon not just anytime and that makes it worse :frown:

I'm checking at this time in the morning before college stupidly makes me do in this snow! :rolleyes: lol

EDIT:: Nothing, typical, I want my swansea conditions :frown: :frown: haha!
tick.tock
I'm checking at this time in the morning before college stupidly makes me do in this snow! :rolleyes: lol

EDIT:: Nothing, typical, I want my swansea conditions :frown: :frown: haha!

our ucas's prob wont be update now until the snow stops. *dies inside a little bit*
orangeszz
our ucas's prob wont be update now until the snow stops. *dies inside a little bit*

Ouch, I just felt that emotional blow :frown:
orangeszz

Nooooooo....I hadn't thought of that. :eek:

Stupid UK not being prepared for snow. They do it every year, have a whole panic when a couple of inches of snow come down; you'd think they'd have learnt by now. :rant: :rolleyes:

Half the admissions tutors are probably at home and not in their offices making decisions...:frown:
*Bangs head on computer desk*

Arghhh!!! But Swansea have already given me an offer, I just need to see the conditions.. :frown:

Hate snow :frown:
heidigirl
Nooooooo....I hadn't thought of that. :eek:

Stupid UK not being prepared for snow. They do it every year, have a whole panic when a couple of inches of snow come down; you'd think they'd have learnt by now. :rant: :rolleyes:

Half the admissions tutors are probably at home and not in their offices making decisions...:frown:

Agreed! Everyone goes barmy over a bit of snow, the country grinds to a halt. It's ridiculous!

I logged in today and *sigh* no update.

There's always tomorrow I guess... :indiff:
It's silly to see UK being a kind of victim because of a few inches of snow... Here we used to go to school when it was 15 below zero and that wasn't that unusual... :biggrin:

I don't know, maybe the situation is really not as conventional as I can consider from viewing BBC, is it?

Latest

Trending

Trending