Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My module scores are:
    C1: 95 C2: 88 C3: 74 :mad: M1: 80 :mad: M2: 83 S1: 93 FP1: 83

I've got C4,S2,S3,D1 and the horrible FP2 left, would you say I could
    get AA with ease, cos I don't know how difficult S3 or D1 are.

Will FP2 take a lot out of me?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, just don't get complacent.

ReputationRep:
    D1 is the easiest, but the exam is a lottery, if you get one thing wrong in a question and don't realise it, its quite possible to use that mistake to get the whole question wrong if you see what i mean.

S2 im doing right now and so far i find it easy, same as S1, but a bit less boring.

C4 is really dependent on your C3 grade. did you get 73 because you actually found the material hard or other circumstances. If you found it hard, then C4 is harder, but as with all maths modules --> past papers + questions = good grade

i cant tell you about S3, im doing M1, M2

FP2 im doing now and polar coordinates are ******* annoying, the rest doesn't look that hard.

ReputationRep:
    D1 is extremely easy but to get high UMS is rather difficult due to high grade boundaries.

The new FP2 is easy.

Not sure about S3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w4rtorn)
    D1 is the easiest, but the exam is a lottery, if you get one thing wrong in a question and don't realise it, its quite possible to use that mistake to get the whole question wrong if you see what i mean.

S2 im doing right now and so far i find it easy, same as S1, but a bit less boring.

C4 is really dependent on your C3 grade. did you get 73 because you actually found the material hard or other circumstances. If you found it hard, then C4 is harder, but as with all maths modules --> past papers + questions = good grade

i cant tell you about S3, im doing M1, M2

FP2 im doing now and polar coordinates are ******* annoying.

I got the 74 in C3 because the grade boundaries were crazy: 67/75 was 80 UMS like wtf, adding on I can't do C3 trig cos its guesswork and tedious. Plus I forgot a formula in the exam mucking up a 5 mark question. Im finding C4 easier than C3, cos there is no trig, well other than integration has a bit, but no REAL TRIG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baba_moon)
    I got the 74 in C3 because the grade boundaries were crazy: 67/75 was 80 UMS like wtf, adding on I can't do C3 trig cos its guesswork and tedious. Plus I forgot a formula in the exam mucking up a 5 mark question. Im finding C4 easier than C3, cos there is no trig, well other than integration has a bit, but no REAL TRIG
    an AA is definitely achievable if you remember to revise and do past papers. is there a reason why you're not doing FP3?

ReputationRep:
    an AA is definitely achievable if you remember to revise and do past papers. is there a reason why you're not doing FP3?
    Yeah the reason is cos Im actually not good at maths, kinda a scrape you could say. Im not as accurate as I should be :rolleyes: and probably not as mathematically gifted :rolleyes:

Plus if I did FP3, I would fail it and wave my A in Further Maths goodbye.
    FP2 is bad enough lol :yes:

ReputationRep:
    *Over my head* Nerds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyBrown)
    *Over my head* Nerds
    how am I a nerd???? Ive scrapped A's in Maths and Further Maths through sheer luck and hard work :yes: :yes: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the reason is cos Im actually not good at maths, kinda a scrape you could say. Im not as accurate as I should be :rolleyes: and probably not as mathematically gifted :rolleyes:

: i thought this years FP2 (edexcel) is harder than the FP3?

ReputationRep:
    : i thought this years FP2 (edexcel) is harder than the FP3?
    nah the FP2 is easier than the FP3, it used to be harder but edexcel mixed up the content of the modules to make it easier. It's still pretty nasty though, haven't even looked through the FP3 :p:

ReputationRep:
    how am I a nerd???? Ive scrapped A's in Maths and Further Maths through sheer luck and hard work :yes: :yes: :yes:

You took maths at A-level..ew. Good luck with it i say

ReputationRep:
    You took maths at A-level..ew. Good luck with it i say
    why, does no one at your school take it????
    Its the easiest A level to get an A in tbh, I need like 47/100 in C4 to get an A in A Level Maths, a grade E I think

ReputationRep:

I'm doing FP3 atm, and although it's hard, my maths teacher says it's pretty much at the same level as FP2.

ReputationRep:
    Easiest? LOL haha first i have heard!! I hate maths, just got a C at GCSE, too much to remember, tis a load of mathematical ********. Not my cup of tea

ReputationRep:
    Easiest? LOL haha first i have heard!! I hate maths, just got a C at GCSE, too much to remember, tis a load of mathematical ********. Not my cup of tea
    lol, better stay clear of it then

Im gonna do a maths and economics degree if that makes you feel better. It has to be my cup of tea or im seriously screwed :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im doing A-level sociology, psychology and health an social nothing involving numbers..although I'm good with percentages addition subtraction.. all number stuff I'm ace at, just propper maths.. (like SOHCAHTOH or whatever the **** it was, not nice!!

New member me, i quite like this forum

ReputationRep:
    Im doing A-level sociology, psychology and health an social nothing involving numbers..although I'm good with percentages addition subtraction.. all number stuff I'm ace at, just propper maths.. (like SOHCAHTOH or whatever the **** it was, not nice!!

New member me, i quite like this forum

yeah TSR is kinda addictive, so many friendly and helpful people. Try to stay clear before exams lol :p:

That SOHCAHTOA **** is minor, the trigonometry at A Level Maths is horrible, hence my C3 score.

For example sin has an inverse called cosec and like there are crazy identities like 1+tan^2 theta (the angle) = sec^2 theta

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.