Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    PLa post anything whihc is relevant here
    tell which topics are likely to come

ReputationRep:
    Our bio teacher did a list of all the ocr exam papers / most popular topics.. not sureif this will help but

Most pop
    - Liver structure and metabolism,
    Nervous system:Brain, relexes,autonomic NS,neurotransmitters,Alzheimersm Muscle structure and function and NMJ,
    Behaviour and learning,
    Eye structure, rods and cones; features and signal transduction

Intermediate
    Rumiant and carnivore,
    Bones and vertebrae,
    Joints and movements,
    Hormones -regulation and digestion,
    Digestion- absorbtion and enzymes-pancreas & stomach
    eye aging

Least popular
    Liver - protein motabolism
    pancreas(dont know which part - not on sheet)
    digestion(same as above)

ReputationRep:
    i think muscle contraction will come up, or possibly the joint. They dont seen to have bee done in much detail. The least popular bits could come up this year, protein metabolism is quite a big part of the liver!! i hate behaviour and the carnivore and herbivore digestion stuff, hope that doesnt come up

ReputationRep:
    I really hope joints / bones dont come up!

Other areas where there could be an essay, id guess :

alcohol detoxification and the effects on the liver (eg cannot breakdown hormones etc)
    Balance << Only come up few times / never (never in the papers ive done so far, got 2 more to do)
    Ear

ReputationRep:
    Usually the odd definition question from the behaviour chapter - eg "define innate behaviour".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    Usually the odd definition question from the behaviour chapter - eg "define innate behaviour".
    they always always ask that question in one form or another, the wording may change but you will definately need that definition!!!

ReputationRep:
    i reckon the ear's gonna come up as a papragraph question

i really really hope that the whole paper just turns out to be one 20 mark question about the nerve impulse at a neuromuscular joint and the contraction of a muscle resulting, and maybe even relate that to a reflex and innate behavour that would just be fantastic cos its so easy.. but it wont happen

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.