Turn on thread page Beta

Man Donates Rape Reward to Victim watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was a nice story, considering the circumstances. It says 'man' but he is a 22 year old kid. There is so much selfish behaviour nowadays. Plus he falls in the TSR age bracket so maybe this kind of act will resonate with users here.

Man Donates Rape Reward to Victim (video included)

Good on him!

ReputationRep:
    What a noble thing to do.

If I had received £10,000 I hate to admit that I wouldn't have done the same.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, that's so nice. Not the rest of the story though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)

I concur.

ReputationRep:
    He seems like a genuine guy in the video too.

ReputationRep:
    This has given me some faith in the male gender, it's especially sweet because as he's a waiter he probably doesn't have much money himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    :eek:
    Sorry. :o:

More people in the world should be like him.

ReputationRep:
    Renewed faith in humanity, nice one that guy..

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. :o:
    I think I'd have kept 1000 for my gap year travels and given the rest to the victim, especially as she's now in a wheelchair.

So sad

ReputationRep:
    Wow, why cant we have more people like this? He could have split it but he gave the whole lot away. How generous.

well he knew the women .. the article says ... so in your case, it would be two female friends you knew who got rapped ... I think you'd give something to help them with therapy or whatever if you knew them ...

ReputationRep:
    she should give him back half or she's a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Since when have 22 year olds been considered kids? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    well he knew the women .. the article says ... so in your case, it would be two female friends you knew who got rapped ... I think you'd give something to help them with therapy or whatever if you knew them ...
    No, he knew the women who were captured on CCTV with the man. The women were friends with the man, not the rape victims. The police contacted the women and they told the police who the man was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    This has given me some faith in the male gender, it's especially sweet because as he's a waiter he probably doesn't have much money himself.
    We're not all bad you know.

ReputationRep:
    Loser.

ReputationRep:
    I expect those coppers are bloody amazed there are decent people about. If I'd heard she was in a wheelchair I'd give her the money too to be honest . Losing your mobilty is the worst, than losing it because of some dirty ******* beast. I wouldn't trade my legs for all the money in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I expect those coppers are bloody amazed there are decent people about. If I'd heard she was in a wheelchair I'd give her the money too to be honest . Losing your mobilty is the worst, than losing it because of some dirty ******* beast. I wouldn't trade my legs for all the money in the world. Ten grand is actually not the much, All I'd spend it on would be a holiday with the lads, and a few prossies.

ReputationRep:
    If I am completely honest with myself, I'm not sure whether or not it would have even occurred to me to give it to the victim. But this young guy has shown us the way...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.