The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Awww, what a nice person :smile:

I don't think I would have done it myself though :dontknow:.
Reply 21
I think i might have given half away but only after a really good sit down and a think about what was right morally. I don't think i woul dhave given it all away though, i have too much debt!
Reply 22
i dont think any amount of money would really help the victim of rape with what theyve gone through...
Lord Hysteria
well he knew the women .. the article says ... so in your case, it would be two female friends you knew who got rapped ... I think you'd give something to help them with therapy or whatever if you knew them ...

Actually, it says he knew 2 women who were potential witnesses in the footage, he did not know the victim prior to the incedent. He identified the women (who didnt get raped) who then recognised and identified the rapist. So it was his actions which helped catch the guy.
dh00001
i dont think any amount of money would really help the victim of rape with what theyve gone through...

Hmm, losing mobility and no money, or losing mobility and £10,000. I know which one I'd pick. She can use it for things like modifying her home and generally making her life a bit easier for a while.

Anyway he's so sweet, what a nice thing to do.
Nobody has mentioned that the rapist was a Polish immigrant.

It seems that we should immigration to stop rapists from entering this nation.
Don_Scott

LOL.

Anyway, what a wonderful human being that man is.
Don_Scott

It's not relevant.

Anyway, how did the media get hold of the story? Surely the man who gave the money away told them, so perhaps he's not quite as selfless as he appears... I still think it's a nice thing to do though.
Reply 28
I know this guy. I can dish dirt on him so all you sycophants quit it.
Reply 29
Neo
I know this guy. I can dish dirt on him so all you sycophants quit it.

Yeah right.
Reply 30
Don_Scott

Learn to use our language and then spout your crap.
Reply 31
dh00001

Well yes it can, Shes in a wheel chair now she can afford private physio or help in her home or equipment. No it wont change the fact shes been raped but it will help her with her life from now on.
Reply 32
Ahh. We're such a friendly lot in Devon.

(apart from the rapists)
wintersunset
she should give him back half or she's a bitch.

Inappropriate
Reply 34
'Rape reward'

Sounds..odd.
What a lovely bloke. Hopefully his actions will encourage others to be more selfless.

*standing ovation
I might have given a 10% cut to the victim, but I would have kept the rest, as money rightfully earned. It was good enough to simply identify the offender. Why not keep the reward and use it to better your own life? :dontknow:

£9000 is just enough to pay off most of one's tuition fees and remain debt-free.
Don_Scott

Yes, because there are no British rapists. Nooo, course not.
Reply 38
That's so kind.
*cries*

Honourable.

Latest