Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This my first english thread, please be indulgent and tell me is there any things that you don't understand I'd try to explain it more clearly...

I'm new in my class, all my classmate know each other before, I arrived this year. I suceed to make some "friend" in my class.
    I was in science lesson about 1 week, I started chating with the girl in front of me, and during this lesson she's been explaining who I am, and why ( I used to be quite distracted when I get borred as in physic lesson)... What she's said was rather true... After that she starts saying "hi" or "hello" to me which she's not used to telling to other boy... (is this expression correct? My teacher told me that it was wrong but I'm sure that I've allready heard it somewhere)What am i suppose to think about her behavior (hope is it the right word...:woo: )?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we can tell much about the girl from what you have told us!

Which expression do you mean? I think you mean, "she has started saying 'hi' or 'hello' to me, which she doesn't usually say to other boys." "Used to" means "accustomed to" - sorry if you don't know what "accustomed" means but you could look it up if you don't?

ReputationRep:
    She's obviously happy you listened to her. Maybe people never listened to a word she says so now she'll be thinking she made a new friend. Does she usually talk to other boys? Or did you mean she doesn't greet them as such? She must be looking for friendship. She can't have fallen for you one month after 'la rentrée.'

ReputationRep:
    She's the local bicycle me thinks...

ReputationRep:
    im confused
    is she trying to tell you she likes you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet.poetry)
    im confused
    is she trying to tell you she likes you??
    That's the real question... I don't know, sometimes her looks are quite ambiguous... But we don't speak so much so... Maybe I'm just imagining things...

ReputationRep:
    I really think she's just saying hello, to make you feel welcome, because, if nothing else, you're the new boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlx)
    That's the real question... I don't know, sometimes her looks are quite ambiguous... But we don't speak so much so... Maybe I'm just imagining things...
    maybe try talking to her more to get more information from her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overtherainbow)
    maybe try talking to her more to get more information from her?
    That's what I'm going to do...

ReputationRep:
    I think I understand what you're trying to say. You don't know if she likes you? Just try and spend more time with her and talk to her more. Then you'll know.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.