The Student Room Group

How does UCAS deadlines work?

Im just applying now, I see the final deadline is 30th of June. At first I just thought applying anywhere between 15th of january to 30th of june is considered late therefore it doesn't matter when you apply but I dont think it works like that.

Question is, does Uni's consider the applications until 30th of June only or will they consider it after that still and 30th is simply Ucas deadline?

Also, anyone know what are the likely chances of getting into a HND/FDG on computing course if I apply now? Is it too late? Im applying to 6 Uni's and none are top 20 as far as I know, I just wanna finish my course.
Reply 1
You can still apply now as long as it's before the deadline. The spaces will be filled up by now. However, you could still try and apply to get an offer. You can always go through clearing or apply again next year. If you miss the deadline (i.e. after june 30th), the university don't have to offer you a place as the deadline is passed. My friend sent his form on january 16 (the deadline should be januar 15 - first deadline), he was lucky to get offers though).

The chances to go on a HND/FDG computing course when applying before the deadline is a little bit high, as not many people applying to those types of qualifications. Most people would apply for degree courses.
Reply 2
Deadline number 1 is October 15th - that's when all the oxbridge and medicine people have to have theirs in by
January 15th is Deadline 2. You are meant to have applied by then and will be at a severe disadvantage as the majority of places will already have been filled, and because the universities will continue to raise the offers from the ones in the prospectus
However universities can and will accept some applications until June 30th which is the absolute cut off date - but don't expect to get offers unless you are a strong candidate. However once you've applied you're open to use clearing which you're not now
Good luck
Reply 3
Be optimistic; my friend applied one week ago with a foundation degree. He got two offers from, let's just say some of the more "prestigious universities"

They will like an HND.
Reply 4
Yes yes! Clearing :smile: Beautiful Clearing...
Reply 5
criminalinsane: Where did you do your HND/FDG? At a College or University? If a University, which?

Also, do you have MSN? Put your email addy down here, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending