Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps its not the structure thats wrong but you just need practice to link all the points together/more themes/more analysis rather than narrative?

Everyone is different but what works for me is SEX:
    Statement
    Evidence
    Xplain
    Then loads and loads and loads of analysis for each paragraph. I split my essay usually in half. i.e all points for 'given statement' then all points against 'given statements'

Remembering to include loads of quote/statistics, cross referencing and analysis: should be fine mate. Practice makes perfect.

Also why not ask your teacher how to improve or What might be going wrong?

peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xands)
    Perhaps its not the structure thats wrong but you just need practice to link all the points together/more themes/more analysis rather than narrative?

Everyone is different but what works for me is SEX:
    Statement
    Evidence
    Xplain
    Then loads and loads and loads of analysis for each paragraph. I split my essay usually in half. i.e all points for 'given statement' then all points against 'given statements'

Remembering to include loads of quote/statistics, cross referencing and analysis: should be fine mate. Practice makes perfect.

Also why not ask your teacher how to improve or What might be going wrong?

peace
    I still don't really know how to cross-reference or what it really means, how does it work?

ReputationRep:
    Okay to be honest its best if you ask your teacher all this stuff. But basically simple cross-refrening would be to make a point about the question in the title and if relevant link it with something similar with another topic on your course? Basically in an essay you need to show examiner/teacher/whoever that you know more than just the basic textbooks that your given, if you can read around the subject the better, try and include things in yours you know others won't, try to make your stand out.

but like i said ask your teacher man...

ReputationRep:
    Or is the "Xplain" section where you put all the analysis?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.