Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I posted similar thread in newcastle forum (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t113568.html), and I'm wondering what Sheffield people will say about it.

I've MBA offer for both uni and yet to decide which one to go.

Post your opinion here! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    well what do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    hmm..... things like how reputation of Sheffield as compared to Newcastle as a university, the MBA course quality, uni facility, and the city itself. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well I doubt how anyone from sheffield would know a direct comparison to Newcastle thats what league tables and ratings are for. Don't have a clue about the MBS, uni generaly is very good, nice halls of res, great computer and IT facilities, great student union the best in any uni I've ever visited.
    City is not too small but not too big, is pretty safe has a good range of shops, pubs, restaurants, is pretty cheap. Near enough the peaks for walking and greenery, I really like Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbian)
    From a knee jerk reaction I get bad images when I hear the word Sheffield, but others will about Newcastle because of old out dated images. Most people I know have generally disliked Sheffield as a city apart from the nightlife which is said to be good. It also has a bigger population than Newcastle, but not sure how that works out in terms of city size.
    just thought i'd comment on this post that was made in the newcastle thread.
    Sheffield as a city is pretty much perfect for me, it seems like you're living in a town but is has everything a city does, its very cheap has loads of bars and pubs a good range of clubs and is very safe, (safest city in the uk apparently) which is pretty impressive given its the size of manchester.

I like it, lots. the whole city is really 'studenty' and the university and union is brilliant.

However i think you should goto where the couse is best, and if they're about the same then go on the city.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.