Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling down... watch

Announcements

I am having a pretty crap time at the moment and I am stuck in a rut. I am on a gap year and have a job abroad starting at the end of november but until then I am just stuck at home. Most of my friends have left for uni and my parents seperated a year ago. I live with my Dad but he spends at least three nights a week over at his girlfriends- which is fine. However those nights I do feel alone and it does upset me. To make things worse I couple of weeks ago I really fell for this guy. We went on a couple of dates and I then let him stay over but didn't sleep with him. He asked to sleep with me but I said I wasn't ready. I heard from him the next day but after that nothing. I got no reply to my two messages so just left it. However I was out and thought I saw him, didn't go over. I sent a message the next morning, just saying something like:

Hi, were you out last night as I thought I saw you. Are you alright? I am guessing you are pissed off at me for that night but I am just not like that. It would be good to hear from you and talk.

Last night I got back:
    Hey, im really sorry I haven't got back in touch with you sooner, had alot on my plate atm. Im not pissed off with you at all about that night, it was always going to be totally up to you how far things got.

Now I don't know what to do, do I reply to his message- as I do really like him but three weeks of not hearing from him is too long?

And how can I make myself feel better during the next two months?

bump

ReputationRep:
    Why do people analyse everything to death? :wtf:

Just text him back. As for you other thing....do some voluntary work or something. Go out make new friends!

(Original post by 46664)
    Why do people analyse everything to death? :wtf:

Just text him back. As for you other thing....do some voluntary work or something. Go out make new friends!
    Can't say that is very helpful. Text back what?!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you do voluntary work in a charity shop or something over the next month, so it keeps you busy. Or join a club and get to meet new people. Have you got any close relatives that you could spend some time with, maybe watching a film and having a glass of wine one night or something? Or could you visit some of your friends in uni? I know it's hard, my friends have just left, so now I only have my boyfriend, so I get pretty lonely at times, when he's in college, etc. I do voluntary work twice a week, in the evenings, and see my nan once a week and have tea with her. I also see my boyfriend (obviously) and we go the pub, so I talk to the regulars aswell.

Personally, I wouldn't text the lad back, don't mean to be rude, but if he has rarely spoken to you I don't think he's intrested. I would forget about him and move on. Anyway, you are really lucky - your moving away in a month! LDR's are harder than 'normal' relationships, so maybe it's for the best. You will meet loads of people abroad, and you could possibily ask your mates from uni to come over for a little holiday or something.

You have only got a month left, so keep thinking positively, find things to do during the day, go for walks, go days out, visit places you have never been, etc.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can't say that is very helpful. Text back what?!
    Starting with hello is always nice. Or Hi.

Just text him back saying whatever...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.