The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
EDIT: For my gender and age, I would say this wasn't a small amount, yet I fluctuate between 49 - 51 kilos, and the heaviest I've been in my life is 51.9

it's not bad

i'll give suggestions wen im done eating
Reply 21
have a pint of full fat milk with every meal, that's about 1000 calories right there
Reply 22
BTW this is an idea of wat i used to eat earlier in year to bulk up

sometimes i wud eat flapjacks, chocolates and cookies on top
Reply 23
Adonis
BTW this is an idea of wat i used to eat earlier in year to bulk up

sometimes i wud eat flapjacks, chocolates and cookies on top

Yo but you are a large guy, I am a small girl. It's totally unrealistic that I could ever eat that much.
Reply 24
Anonymous
Yo but you are a large guy, I am a small girl. It's totally unrealistic that I could ever eat that much.

you build up to it

the key points are:

liquid meals are a god send
flapjacks n cereal bars are awesome
u NEED to accept the uncomfortableness for a while, force urself to eat 4000 cals even if its crap food like chocolate
Reply 25
First of all, I would go to doctor to see you are alright. There could be some actual disease behind your condition.

But just to suggest, If you want to gain weight, do not risk your health at the same time by eating stuff that's bad for you. If you want to gain weight, eat good healthy stuff, but MORE and more often. Cause even if you are skinny, those fats and bad things will anyway clog your arteries and blood vessels and you could die of blood clot. So please even if you want to gain weight, take care of yourself.

But to say something about eating, I would suggest you eat more of protein and maybe take some protein shakes to be a part of your daily diet. Other wise I cannot say much, but I would recommend for you to got to GP and then for health physician, who could help you with your diet.

Good luck!!
Reply 26
Adonis
you build up to it

the key points are:

liquid meals are a god send
flapjacks n cereal bars are awesome
u NEED to accept the uncomfortableness for a while, force urself to eat 4000 cals even if its crap food like chocolate

aka?
Reply 28
dont listen to any of the advice given here (because it's quite ****) just eat six small meals a day, go with moderately high carbs, protein and fats behind that, so your ratios of cals would look like this 50/30/20 (carb/protein/fat) you should find out what your maintinance cals are then up that by 500, if you see no weight gain in seven days up it by 250 and keep doing so until you start gaining. heres a sample meal plan:

meal 1 - bowl of oats with cinnamon and splenda, glass of semi skim milk with a scoop of whey

meal 2 - canned tuna with low fat omega 3 rich mayo on two slices of wholegrain bread

meal 3 - grilled chicken breast with mixed vegetable cous cous

meal 4 - protein shake made with semi skim milk

meal 5 - protein source such as, lean beef, salmon, chicken etc, loads of veggies such as, spinach, brocoli, peppers etc and a baked sweet potatoe

meal 6 - pot of 0% fat greek yogurt with two table spoons of natural peanut butter

you should also start lifting some weights 3 times a week, you could follow this programme http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

edit - with your meals you should be eating every 3 hours, so if you start with breakfast at 7:30 am then the next meal would be at 10:30am and so on...
Reply 29
ellingham
dont listen to any of the advice given here (because it's quite ****) just eat six small meals a day, go with moderately high carbs, protein and fats behind that, so your ratios of cals would look like this 50/30/20 (carb/protein/fat) you should find out what your maintinance cals are then up that by 500, if you see no weight gain in seven days up it by 250 and keep doing so until you start gaining. heres a sample meal plan:

meal 1 - bowl of oats with cinnamon and splenda, glass of semi skim milk with a scoop of whey

meal 2 - canned tuna with low fat omega 3 rich mayo on two slices of wholegrain bread

meal 3 - grilled chicken breast with mixed vegetable cous cous

meal 4 - protein shake made with semi skim milk

meal 5 - protein source such as, lean beef, salmon, chicken etc, loads of veggies such as, spinach, brocoli, peppers etc and a baked sweet potatoe

meal 6 - pot of 0% fat greek yogurt with two table spoons of natural peanut butter

you should also start lifting some weights 3 times a week, you could follow this programme http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

edit - with your meals you should be eating every 3 hours, so if you start with breakfast at 7:30 am then the next meal would be at 10:30am and so on...

your advice is ******** too

why the **** does she need to concern herself with EXACT macros for? is she a dieting bodybuilder?

bodybuilders in the off-season don't work out a meal plan, they just know to eat *********

and they don;t set timers to eat at set 3 hour intervals,
Reply 30
Adonis
your advice is ******** too

why the **** does she need to concern herself with EXACT macros for? is she a dieting bodybuilder?

bodybuilders in the off-season don't work out a meal plan, they just know to eat *********

and they don;t set timers to eat at set 3 hour intervals,

didnt say she did, i said around there, giving her some rough idea, yeah bodybuilders in the off season eat **** thats when they put on fat, did she say she wants to put on weight or fat? this way she eats healthy which is beneficial in the long run, and it will help her to put on weight, so whos advice is better mine or yours? oh and on the three hour thing its not some schedule she has to stick to religiously its just a plan thats all
Reply 31
ellingham
didnt say she did, i said around there, giving her some rough idea, yeah bodybuilders in the off season eat **** thats when they put on fat, did she say she wants to put on weight or fat? this way she eats healthy which is beneficial in the long run, and it will help her to put on weight, so whos advice is better mine or yours? oh and on the three hour thing its not some schedule she has to stick to religiously its just a plan thats all

it takes YEARS of eating crap for it to affect blood lipids/insulin management issues and cause all the ill-effects people bang on about

and it's all well and good saying "eat solely clean foods" but try it

and did I say she should eat pure-crap either? incoporating some crap foods ain't gonna effect u
Reply 32
Adonis
it takes YEARS of eating crap for it to affect blood lipids/insulin management issues and cause all the ill-effects people bang on about

and it's all well and good saying "eat solely clean foods" but try it

and did I say she should eat pure-crap either? incoporating some crap foods ain't gonna effect u

i did forget to add its alright to have 1 cheat day a week, plus define what you mean by clean? for example on a sunday i would have a sunday roast like a leg of lamb which is a very fatty meat, i would also have some roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings, now i wouldnt call that a cheat meal as there is nothing bad there, yes the lamb is high in fat but its all good quality food prepared simply, so i guess im not saying eat clean, just stay away from processed foods as its all **** that your body doesnt need, if you want to have a take away have a chicken shish with all the veg!
Reply 33
ellingham
i did forget to add its alright to have 1 cheat day a week, plus define what you mean by clean? for example on a sunday i would have a sunday roast like a leg of lamb which is a very fatty meat, i would also have some roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings, now i wouldnt call that a cheat meal as there is nothing bad there, yes the lamb is high in fat but its all good quality food prepared simply, so i guess im not saying eat clean, just stay away from processed foods as its all **** that your body doesnt need, if you want to have a take away have a chicken shish with all the veg!

clean can mean different things, even to me

there's off-season clean, and dieting down clean

a roast with potatoes is fine, yorkshire pudd is a bit hmm
Reply 34
Bloody hell, just eat more.

When I needed to put on weight I ate:

Breakfast: 2 bowls honey shreddies, 2 couissants, two cups of sweet coffee.

Mid Morning: Pint of full fat milk

Lunch: Pasta bake with chicken and lots of cheese. Rice pudding for pudding.

Mid Afternoon: Pint of full fat milk.

Supper: 2 helping of whatever parents cooked, plus a milkshake.

Late Evening: Pint of Milk.

Scale the meals down to as much as you can eat, but if you eat every meal until your belly is straining, you will get bigger.
Reply 35
Adonis
clean can mean different things, even to me

there's off-season clean, and dieting down clean

a roast with potatoes is fine, yorkshire pudd is a bit hmm

yeah obvious cutting clean leg of lamb would be off the menu, but come on you have to have yorkshire puddings, what else can you pour the gravy into :confused:
whats your bmi? could you not just leave it
hellooo
basically, i think the ultimate thing to remember is that you want to gain weight, keep it on, make sure your insides stay healthy and not sacrifice your lifestyle.
alot of what youre eating does actually contain quite a bit of saturated fat - whilst this can be calorie laden, its not exactly good for your heart - be carfeul, just because youre underweight doesnt mean that you cant sufer from high cholesterol.

i'd try the following diet plan for a month, and if this doesnt work , id definitely see a doctor about it, it could be that you have an overactive thyroid or something.

Breakfast:
Cup Of Complan - mix one sachet with a glass of semiskimmed milk and microwave/blend if you like it cold. Complan is a nutrition supplement and is available anywhere e/g. tescos, sainsburys, boots etc - its proven to work and its not ridiculously chemically or expensive and its nutritionally balanced :smile:
provides around 350 calories
bowl of muesli - 70g (use high sugar so it gets used up quicker and you feel hungry at break) - Jordans country crisp chocolate is delicious and light enough so you dont feel full, plus its got a good amount of fibre :smile: 340 calories
cup of semiskimmed milk - 100 calories
Break:
one fabulous bakin' boys flapjack - 342 calories
Lunch:
Your lunch is fine you can keep that id say its nutritious for sure - 500
try not to eat baked potatoes as they fill you up pretty fast, and if you find this horrible then id say opt for something like white pasta or a baguette that leaves you hungry in a few hours
after school snack:
one cup of complan with semiskimmed milk - 350
one slice (thick cut) of toast with butter and baked beans - 220
Dinner is fine also very nutritious however for pudding:
full fat plain greek yogurt plus 3 tbspoons honey will give you a nice calcium boost plus its something different - 600
cup of complan with water - 250

hopefully, that should be enough and not fill you up too dfrastically
it should provide around just over 3000 calories a day but its hopefully full of nutrients, and none of the food is overpriced or difficult to come by

hope this helps if not PM me and we'll think of something :smile:
xxx
I know exactly the situations you're in - I'm a girl and only weight about 50kg no matter what I eat or do. I eat practically the same amount as you a day but probably exercise a little less. I also get the "you must be anorexic" comments.

It may have a genetic component to it; I'm sure I take after my mother, might this be the case for you?

I've decided to eat what I like (I love eating good food so so much!) and as long as I feel healthy not to worry about it too much!

Latest